* [babel] bug exporting code blocks to html
@ 2010-02-26 12:52 "Martin G. Skjæveland"
From: "Martin G. Skjæveland" @ 2010-02-26 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

when I export

-----------------------------------start
* test
#+begin_src xml -n -r -l "<!--(ref:%s)-->"
<test>
   <important/> <!--(ref:imp)-->
</test>
#+end_src

Line no. [[(imp)]] is important!
-----------------------------------end

to html I get (copying from my browser)

-----------------------------------start
1 test

1:  <test>
2:    <important/> <!--(ref:imp)-->
3:  </test>

Line no. nil is important!
-----------------------------------end

I would like "<!--(ref:imp)-->" in line 2 of the block to be removed
from output and the last line to read "Line no. 2 is important!".

Thanks!

Martin

* Re: bug exporting code blocks to html
@ 2010-03-22 18:40 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2010-03-22 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin G. Skjæveland; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Martin,

This appears to be a bug in org-mode at large, rather than anything
specifically babel related.

notice that the following slight alteration of your new reference syntax
works as expected

#+begin_src xml -n -r -l "ref:%s"
<test>
  <important/> ref:imp
</test>
#+end_src

Line no. [[(imp)]] is important!

Best -- Eric

@ 2010-03-23  7:56   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-03-23  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mar 22, 2010, at 7:40 PM, Eric Schulte wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> This appears to be a bug in org-mode at large, rather than anything
> specifically babel related.
>
> notice that the following slight alteration of your new reference
> syntax
> works as expected
>
> #+begin_src xml -n -r -l "ref:%s"
> <test>
>  <important/> ref:imp
> </test>
> #+end_src
>
> Line no. [[(imp)]] is important!

The docstring of org-coderef-label-format says (please note the final
paragraph):

   "The default coderef format.
This format string will be used to search for coderef labels in literal
examples (EXAMPLE and SRC blocks).  The format can be overwritten in
an individual literal example with the -f option, like

#+BEGIN_SRC pascal +n -r -l \"((%s))\"
#+END_SRC

If you want to use this for HTML export, make sure that the format does
not introduce special font-locking, and avoid the HTML special
characters `<', `>', and `&'.  The reason for this restriction is that
the labels are searched for only after htmlize has done its job."

- Carsten

> Best -- Eric
>
> "Martin G. Skjæveland" <martige@ifi.uio.no> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> when I export
>>
>> -----------------------------------start
>> * test
>> #+begin_src xml -n -r -l "<!--(ref:%s)-->"
>> <test>
>>  <important/> <!--(ref:imp)-->
>> </test>
>> #+end_src
>>
>> Line no. [[(imp)]] is important!
>> -----------------------------------end
>>
>> to html I get (copying from my browser)
>>
>> -----------------------------------start
>> 1 test
>>
>> 1:  <test>
>> 2:    <important/> <!--(ref:imp)-->
>> 3:  </test>
>>
>> Line no. nil is important!
>>
>> I would like "<!--(ref:imp)-->" in line 2 of the block to be removed
>> from output and the last line to read "Line no. 2 is important!".
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Martin

- Carsten