Trying my first beamer document I was getting this error message: No definition for class `beamer' in `org-export-latex-classes' I tried Carston's example.. same error. Looking at the org-export-latex-classes, I found indeed that there was not specification for 'beamer.' However, if removed customization for this setting, the class appeared. So I searched and searched through all of my init.el but found nothing that might have overwritten the export-latex-classes. Restarted emacs and tried Carston's example.. IT WORKED just fine. Sure enough, beamer was defined. Conclusion: it must be something in my own document that was mucking up the class list. And it was here: #+LaTeX_CLASSS_OPTIONS: [presentation] see the error? CLASSS (too many S's) It only took 2 hours to figure this one out. -ben -- Capt. Ben Smith R/V Coastal Surveyor - R/V Cocheco - S/V Mother of Perl Center for Coastal and Ocean Mapping Joint Hydrographic Center University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH, U.S.A.