From: Ivan <vanav@vanav.com.ua>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Bug with cua-mode & org-support-shift-select
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 11:01:28 +0200	[thread overview]

I see no way to disable shift-select handling in CUA.

CUA on initializing disables shift-select-mode, and also if try to
enable later, we got bug
http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=4249 :

<citation>
CUA mode and shift-select-mode don't seem to be aware of each other.

If I turn on CUA first, and then shift-select-mode, shifted selection
fails (e.g. shift-right marks only one character as region).

Emacs -Q
(cua-mode 1)
(setq shift-select-mode t)

Why would one want to do that?
For example in order to get org-mode to work correctly with shifted
selection and the appropriate org-mode customization variable.

The fact that org-mode doesn't understand CUA's shifted selection is a
bit sad, too.
</citation>

So need some other way to fix this.