* How to limit mobileorg agendas to only a subset of my custom agendas?
@ 2009-11-23 22:05 Christopher Long
From: Christopher Long @ 2009-11-23 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear All,

   Is there a way to limit the custom agendas synced with mobile org?
I didn't see anything on that in previous posts.
   I have a set of custom agendas defined in my .emacs file.  They don't
exist as individual files (anywhere that I know about) until I do a push
command.   I'd really just like ONE of them to sync.  At the moment,
they all sync slowing things down a lot.

Thanks,

Stoph

* Re: How to limit mobileorg agendas to only a subset of my custom agendas?
@ 2009-11-24 23:54 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-11-24 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Long; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Nov 23, 2009, at 11:05 PM, Christopher Long wrote:

> Dear All,
>
>  Is there a way to limit the custom agendas synced with mobile org?
> I didn't see anything on that in previous posts.
>  I have a set of custom agendas defined in my .emacs file.  They
> don't exist as individual files (anywhere that I know about) until I
> do a push
> command.   I'd really just like ONE of them to sync.  At the moment,
> they all sync slowing things down a lot.

There is now, get the latest git version and then do

(setq org-moble-agendas '("a"))

where "a" is the selection letter of the agenda you'd like to have.

HTH

- Carsten

* Re: How to limit mobileorg agendas to only a subset of my custom agendas?
@ 2009-11-25  3:08   ` Christopher Long
From: Christopher Long @ 2009-11-25  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dear Carsten,

    First, thanks!  I grabbed it.  It works well.  And I see you added a
few nice options too.

    For those as non-fluent in lisp as I am, don't get caught by the
typo in "moble"
(as I did when I first copied the setq into my .emacs file).  You want
the following text:
(or edit it in the customization).

(setq org-mobile-agendas '("a"))

    A couple of follow up questions/comments:

1. I tried to export a timeline, but this produced no output.
Is that expected?  I don't think I made a mistake here.  Is timeline
outside of the
standard agenda views that are pushable?

(setq org-mobile-agendas '("L"))

2. I was able to do a work-around with the month view with a custom command:

("p" "my timeline" agenda "" ((org-agenda-ndays 28)))

(setq org-mobile-agendas '("p")) ;; actually I did it in the
customization screen

Thanks again!

Stoph

P.S. I've been using org-mode for a while, but picked up some additional
tips
from watching your google talk yesterday.  Thanks for the pointer to it.