Hi All, Martin Pohlack wrote: > Alan E. Davis wrote: >> In some cases, a single headword entry can relate to a large number of >> topics. I have tried dealing with longer tag lists: automatic >> adjustment of tags column (on this list a little utility was posted: >> org-adjust-tags-column-reset-tags. I THINK that a keyword list may >> allow more freedom to cross-index, especially if it is easy to use. >> >> Can someone suggest a way to implement a keywording system, perhaps with >> a custom agenda search? Or have others dealt with this issue in >> innovative ways? >> >> I would appreciate any ideas. > > I still have the feeling that tags are the way to go. Searching etc. > already works with tags. Their disadvantage seems to be that lines get > cluttered if many tags are used. > > Maybe this can be solved with two approaches: > * In agendas, one could have a filter for which tags to show / hide. > This would be useful otherwise too, as it would allow to hide context > tags in already defined agendas. > > org-agenda-hide-tags-regex > > For example, all my contexts start with "@", so I would set it to be > "^@work$" to hide redundant information in my work agendas, or use > "^@" to remove all context information from a specific agenda. > > * For plain view, could we have a soft newline between tags and content > for an item (like in long-lines-mode)? > Tags would be shown on a new line (with indentation etc.) but would be > stored on the same line in files? > > For example, the file content ("\" added by me, should be one long > line): Please find attached a patch that implements tag filtering for agenda views. Feedback welcome. Cheers, Martin