From: Ian Barton <lists@manor-farm.org>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Mobile org
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 07:33:44 +0100	[thread overview]

> org-mode really changed my life, and allowed me to fully implement GTD
> the way I wanted. However, I miss having access to it everytime, so, I'm
> looking for a mobile device that could run emacs and org, and that I
> could keep in sync with my laptop.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Any suggestions appreciated,
>
> Marcelo.

Hi Marcelo,

I am in the middle of writing a tutorial for worg on using org on mobile
devices. The short answer to your question is that there isn't really a
pocketable device that runs emacs at the moment. Nokia's Maemo platform
can run emacs, but I would call it pocketable.

So there are a few alternatives:

Use a device that can run ssh and ssh into one of your computer to run
emacs in a terminal. Nokia, Android and Windows Mobile all have devices
with ssh clients.

Use org-publish to make your files available as html or pdf. This gives
you a read only version of your org files.

Use one of the services like reqall that can accept input via voice,
Instant Meaaging, etc and publish it as an rss feed. You can then use
one of the scripts available to import this into your org files.

Ian.