* Setting custom frame parameters for org remember frame
@ 2009-07-03 18:47 Ryan C. Thompson
From: Ryan C. Thompson @ 2009-07-03 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am using org-remember set to open a new frame when used, and the
default frame size is much too large. To fix this, I have designed some
advice and a custom variable to implement custom parameters for the
remember frame:

(defcustom remember-frame-alist nil
  "Additional frame parameters for dedicated remember frame."
  :type 'alist
  :group 'remember)

(defadvice remember (around remember-frame-parameters activate)
  "Set some frame parameters for the remember frame."
  (let ((default-frame-alist (append remember-frame-alist
default-frame-alist)))
    ad-do-it))

I have set remember-frame-alist to
((width . 80) (height . 15))

which gives me a reasonable-sized frame, and provides and easy way to
change it later.

(I accidentally sent this from the wrong address before. Admins, please
delete/ignore the other one.)

* Setting custom frame parameters for org remember frame
@ 2009-07-03 18:20 Ryan C. Thompson