emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* Online manual
@ 2009-06-29 13:24 Shaun Johnson
  2009-06-30  5:03 ` Carsten Dominik
  2009-06-30  5:05 ` Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 9+ messages in thread
From: Shaun Johnson @ 2009-06-29 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi All,

I've just visited the online manual (http://orgmode.org/org.html)and I see
it has changed - there is no longer a navigation sidebar.

Is this a mistake or a deliberate change? Did I miss something on the
mailing list?

Thanks,

Shaun Johnson.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Re: Online manual
  2009-06-29 13:24 Online manual Shaun Johnson
@ 2009-06-30  5:03 ` Carsten Dominik
  2009-06-30  5:05 ` Carsten Dominik
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 9+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-06-30  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shaun Johnson; +Cc: Org Mode

I think you want:

http://orgmode.org/manual/

- Carsten

On Jun 29, 2009, at 3:24 PM, Shaun Johnson wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've just visited the online manual (http://orgmode.org/org.html)and  
> I see
> it has changed - there is no longer a navigation sidebar.
>
> Is this a mistake or a deliberate change? Did I miss something on the
> mailing list?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shaun Johnson.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Emacs-orgmode mailing list
> Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Re: Online manual
  2009-06-29 13:24 Online manual Shaun Johnson
  2009-06-30  5:03 ` Carsten Dominik
@ 2009-06-30  5:05 ` Carsten Dominik
  2009-06-30  8:30   ` Shaun Johnson
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 9+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-06-30  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shaun Johnson; +Cc: Org Mode

Actually, yes, there was a problem, fixed now.

- Carsten

On Jun 29, 2009, at 3:24 PM, Shaun Johnson wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've just visited the online manual (http://orgmode.org/org.html)and  
> I see
> it has changed - there is no longer a navigation sidebar.
>
> Is this a mistake or a deliberate change? Did I miss something on the
> mailing list?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shaun Johnson.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Emacs-orgmode mailing list
> Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Re: Online manual
  2009-06-30  5:05 ` Carsten Dominik
@ 2009-06-30  8:30   ` Shaun Johnson
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 9+ messages in thread
From: Shaun Johnson @ 2009-06-30  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Org Mode

Many thanks.

Shaun.

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> Actually, yes, there was a problem, fixed now.
> 
> - Carsten
> 
> On Jun 29, 2009, at 3:24 PM, Shaun Johnson wrote:
> 
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I've just visited the online manual (http://orgmode.org/org.html)and I 
>> see
>> it has changed - there is no longer a navigation sidebar.
>>
>> Is this a mistake or a deliberate change? Did I miss something on the
>> mailing list?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Shaun Johnson.
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Emacs-orgmode mailing list
>> Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
>> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
>> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode
> 
> 

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Re: Online manual
  2013-02-24 16:48   ` Sebastian Wiesner
  2013-02-24 17:52     ` Thomas S. Dye
@ 2013-02-24 17:53     ` Jonathan Leech-Pepin
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 9+ messages in thread
From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin @ 2013-02-24 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Wiesner; +Cc: Org Mode Mailing List, Mike McLean

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1027 bytes --]

Hello,

On Feb 24, 2013 11:48 AM, "Sebastian Wiesner" <lunaryorn@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 2013/2/24 Mike McLean <mike.mclean@pobox.com>:
> >
> > On Feb 24, 2013, at 11:03 AM, Sebastian Wiesner <lunaryorn@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> how is the online manual of Org mode [1] rendered?  Especially, how is
> >> the awesome table of contents on the right sight created?
> >
> > It is done through CSS and I do something similar with most of my HTML
exports. I have a custom CSS that I load by having the following in every
Org file.
>
> So is the Org manual written in Org?  I thought it was written in
> Texinfo.  After all, there is a Texinfo document in the Org sources
> [1]. Is this Texinfo document generated from some Org document?
> Generally, can Org be exported to Texinfo/Info?
>
> [1]: http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/tree/doc/org.texi
>

Currently the manual is in info, however the new exporter has a texinfo
exporter and I know that Thomas Dye is working on converting it to org.

Regards,
Jon

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 1521 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Re: Online manual
  2013-02-24 16:48   ` Sebastian Wiesner
@ 2013-02-24 17:52     ` Thomas S. Dye
  2013-02-24 17:53     ` Jonathan Leech-Pepin
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 9+ messages in thread
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2013-02-24 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Wiesner; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Mike McLean

Aloha Sebastian,

Sebastian Wiesner <lunaryorn@gmail.com> writes:

> So is the Org manual written in Org?  I thought it was written in
> Texinfo.  After all, there is a Texinfo document in the Org sources
> [1]. Is this Texinfo document generated from some Org document?

The Org manual is written in texinfo.  A port to Org is in process (see
https://github.com/tsdye/orgmanual.git). 

> Generally, can Org be exported to Texinfo/Info?

The development version of Org includes a new exporter framework,
written by Nicolas Goaziou, and a texinfo exporter, written by Jonathan
Leech-Pepin.  Both of these are under development and the current
behavior is expected to change slightly in the weeks ahead.  I believe
the goal is to have a stable texinfo exporter for version 8.0.

hth,
Tom

-- 
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Re: Online manual
  2013-02-24 16:37 ` Mike McLean
@ 2013-02-24 16:48   ` Sebastian Wiesner
  2013-02-24 17:52     ` Thomas S. Dye
  2013-02-24 17:53     ` Jonathan Leech-Pepin
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 9+ messages in thread
From: Sebastian Wiesner @ 2013-02-24 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike McLean; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

2013/2/24 Mike McLean <mike.mclean@pobox.com>:
>
> On Feb 24, 2013, at 11:03 AM, Sebastian Wiesner <lunaryorn@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> how is the online manual of Org mode [1] rendered?  Especially, how is
>> the awesome table of contents on the right sight created?
>
> It is done through CSS and I do something similar with most of my HTML exports. I have a custom CSS that I load by having the following in every Org file.

So is the Org manual written in Org?  I thought it was written in
Texinfo.  After all, there is a Texinfo document in the Org sources
[1]. Is this Texinfo document generated from some Org document?
Generally, can Org be exported to Texinfo/Info?

[1]: http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/tree/doc/org.texi

> #+begin_example
> #+HTML_STYLE: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/Users/mlm/Documents/OrgMaster/org/css/org-html.css" />
> #+end_example
>
> Into my custom CSS I copied the TOC CSS from the Org mode home page (see below). I may have altered it slightly from what is on Org for colors and such, but I don't recall.
>
> #+begin_example
> @media screen {
>
>     /* TOC inspired by http://jashkenas.github.com/coffee-script */
>     #table-of-contents {
>         font-size: 10pt;
>         position: fixed;
>         right: 0em;
>         top: 0em;
>         background-color: #F3F5F7;
>         -webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 1em #777777;
>         -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 1em #777777;
>         -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 5px;
>         -moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 5px;
>         text-align: right;
>         /* ensure doesn't flow off the screen when expanded */
>         max-height: 80%;
>         overflow: auto;
>     }
>
>     #table-of-contents h2 {
>         font-size: 10pt;
>         max-width: 10em;
>         text-decoration: underline;
>         padding-left: 0.5em;
>         padding-left: 0.5em;
>         padding-top: 0.05em;
>         padding-bottom: 0.05em;
>         margin-bottom: 15px;
>         border: none;
>     }
>
>     #table-of-contents ul {
>         list-style-type: none;
>     }
>
>     #table-of-contents #text-table-of-contents {
>         display: none;
>         text-align: left;
>     }
>
>     #table-of-contents:hover #text-table-of-contents {
>         display: block;
>         padding: 0.5em;
>         margin-top: -1.5em;
>     }
> }
>
> @media print {
>     /* TOC inspired by http://jashkenas.github.com/coffee-script */
>     #table-of-contents {
>         font-size: 10pt;
>         background: white;
>     }
>
>     #table-of-contents h2 {
>         font-size: 10pt;
>         max-width: 10em;
>         text-decoration: underline;
>         padding-left: 0.5em;
>         padding-left: 0.5em;
>         padding-top: 0.05em;
>         padding-bottom: 0.05em;
>         margin-bottom: 15px;
>         border: none;
>     }
>
>     #table-of-contents ul {
>         list-style-type: none;
>     }
>
>     #table-of-contents #text-table-of-contents {
>         text-align: left;
>     }
>
>     #table-of-contents:hover #text-table-of-contents {
>         display: block;
>         padding: 0.5em;
>         margin-top: -1.5em;
>     }
>
> }
> #+end_example
>

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Re: Online manual
  2013-02-24 16:03 Sebastian Wiesner
@ 2013-02-24 16:37 ` Mike McLean
  2013-02-24 16:48   ` Sebastian Wiesner
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 9+ messages in thread
From: Mike McLean @ 2013-02-24 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Wiesner; +Cc: emacs-orgmode


On Feb 24, 2013, at 11:03 AM, Sebastian Wiesner <lunaryorn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> 
> how is the online manual of Org mode [1] rendered?  Especially, how is
> the awesome table of contents on the right sight created?

It is done through CSS and I do something similar with most of my HTML exports. I have a custom CSS that I load by having the following in every Org file.

#+begin_example
#+HTML_STYLE: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/Users/mlm/Documents/OrgMaster/org/css/org-html.css" />
#+end_example

Into my custom CSS I copied the TOC CSS from the Org mode home page (see below). I may have altered it slightly from what is on Org for colors and such, but I don't recall.

#+begin_example
@media screen {

    /* TOC inspired by http://jashkenas.github.com/coffee-script */
    #table-of-contents {
        font-size: 10pt;
        position: fixed;
        right: 0em;
        top: 0em;
        background-color: #F3F5F7;
        -webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 1em #777777;
        -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 1em #777777;
        -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 5px;
        -moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 5px;
        text-align: right;
        /* ensure doesn't flow off the screen when expanded */
        max-height: 80%;
        overflow: auto;
    }

    #table-of-contents h2 {
        font-size: 10pt;
        max-width: 10em;
        text-decoration: underline;
        padding-left: 0.5em;
        padding-left: 0.5em;
        padding-top: 0.05em;
        padding-bottom: 0.05em;
        margin-bottom: 15px;
        border: none;
    }

    #table-of-contents ul {
        list-style-type: none;
    }

    #table-of-contents #text-table-of-contents {
        display: none;
        text-align: left;
    }

    #table-of-contents:hover #text-table-of-contents {
        display: block;
        padding: 0.5em;
        margin-top: -1.5em;
    }
}

@media print {
    /* TOC inspired by http://jashkenas.github.com/coffee-script */
    #table-of-contents {
        font-size: 10pt;
        background: white;
    }

    #table-of-contents h2 {
        font-size: 10pt;
        max-width: 10em;
        text-decoration: underline;
        padding-left: 0.5em;
        padding-left: 0.5em;
        padding-top: 0.05em;
        padding-bottom: 0.05em;
        margin-bottom: 15px;
        border: none;
    }

    #table-of-contents ul {
        list-style-type: none;
    }

    #table-of-contents #text-table-of-contents {
        text-align: left;
    }

    #table-of-contents:hover #text-table-of-contents {
        display: block;
        padding: 0.5em;
        margin-top: -1.5em;
    }

}
#+end_example

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

* Online manual
@ 2013-02-24 16:03 Sebastian Wiesner
  2013-02-24 16:37 ` Mike McLean
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 9+ messages in thread
From: Sebastian Wiesner @ 2013-02-24 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

how is the online manual of Org mode [1] rendered?  Especially, how is
the awesome table of contents on the right sight created?

I'd like to a publish online manual for an Emacs Lisp project of mine,
however I find the standard rendering of makeinfo somewhat unfancy and
hard to navigate.  The Orgmode manual however looks pretty good.

Greetings,
Sebastian Wiesner

[1]: http://orgmode.org/org.html

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 9+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2013-02-24 17:53 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 9+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2009-06-29 13:24 Online manual Shaun Johnson
2009-06-30  5:03 ` Carsten Dominik
2009-06-30  5:05 ` Carsten Dominik
2009-06-30  8:30   ` Shaun Johnson
2013-02-24 16:03 Sebastian Wiesner
2013-02-24 16:37 ` Mike McLean
2013-02-24 16:48   ` Sebastian Wiesner
2013-02-24 17:52     ` Thomas S. Dye
2013-02-24 17:53     ` Jonathan Leech-Pepin

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).