* Drawers and HTML Export
@ 2009-05-22 22:06 srandby
From: srandby @ 2009-05-22 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: [Orgmode]

Greetings:

I just discovered that if I put HTML source code into a drawer, it is
not exported. The following example illustrates a situation where only
the headline is exported.

#+DRAWERS: DUCK
* Ducks Quack
:DUCK:
#+BEGIN_HTML
   The quack <b>ducks</b>.
#+END_HTML
:END:

Is this behavior intended or is it a bug? I would like to put HTML code
in a drawer to keep it out of the way. I am using Org-Mode 6.26trans in
Emacs 22.

Scott Randby

* Re: Drawers and HTML Export
@ 2009-05-22 22:25 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2009-05-22 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: srandby; +Cc: [Orgmode]

srandby@gmail.com wrote:

> I just discovered that if I put HTML source code into a drawer, it is
> not exported. The following example illustrates a situation where only
> the headline is exported.
>
> #+DRAWERS: DUCK
> * Ducks Quack
> :DUCK:
> #+BEGIN_HTML
>   The quack <b>ducks</b>.
> #+END_HTML
> :END:
>
> Is this behavior intended or is it a bug? I would like to put HTML
> code in a drawer to keep it out of the way. I am using Org-Mode
> 6.26trans in Emacs 22.

I haven't tried it but this should help:

,----
| org-export-with-drawers is a variable defined in `org-exp.el'.
| Its value is nil
|
| Documentation:
| Non-nil means, export with drawers like the property drawer.
| When t, all drawers are exported.  This may also be a list of
| drawer names to export.
|
| You can customize this variable.
`----

Does it?

Nick

* Re: Drawers and HTML Export
@ 2009-05-23  0:31   ` srandby
From: srandby @ 2009-05-23  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: [Orgmode]

Nick Dokos wrote:
> srandby@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I just discovered that if I put HTML source code into a drawer, it is
>> not exported. The following example illustrates a situation where only
>> the headline is exported.
>>
>> #+DRAWERS: DUCK
>> * Ducks Quack
>> :DUCK:
>> #+BEGIN_HTML
>>   The quack <b>ducks</b>.
>> #+END_HTML
>> :END:
>>
>> Is this behavior intended or is it a bug? I would like to put HTML
>> code in a drawer to keep it out of the way. I am using Org-Mode
>> 6.26trans in Emacs 22.
>>

> I haven't tried it but this should help:
>
> ,----
> | org-export-with-drawers is a variable defined in `org-exp.el'.
> | Its value is nil
> |
> | Documentation:
> | Non-nil means, export with drawers like the property drawer.
> | When t, all drawers are exported.  This may also be a list of
> | drawer names to export.
> |
> | You can customize this variable.
> `----
>
> Does it?

Setting org-export-with-drawers to t allows the draws to be exported,
but it also exports the drawer delimiters (the :DUCK: and the :END: in
my example) which I don't want to be exported. I've been looking at the
various export variables, but I can't find anything that will stop the
drawer delimiters from being exported. I think I'll stick with my
current set up which doesn't use drawers.

Scott Randby

* Re: Drawers and HTML Export
@ 2009-05-23  5:57     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-05-23  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: srandby; +Cc: [Orgmode]

On May 23, 2009, at 2:31 AM, srandby@gmail.com wrote:

> Nick Dokos wrote:
>> srandby@gmail.com wrote:
>>> I just discovered that if I put HTML source code into a drawer, it
>>> is
>>> not exported. The following example illustrates a situation where
>>> only
>>> the headline is exported.
>>>
>>> #+DRAWERS: DUCK
>>> * Ducks Quack
>>> :DUCK:
>>> #+BEGIN_HTML
>>>  The quack <b>ducks</b>.
>>> #+END_HTML
>>> :END:
>>>
>>> Is this behavior intended or is it a bug? I would like to put HTML
>>> code in a drawer to keep it out of the way. I am using Org-Mode
>>> 6.26trans in Emacs 22.
>>>
>> I haven't tried it but this should help:
>> ,----
>> | org-export-with-drawers is a variable defined in `org-exp.el'.
>> | Its value is nil
>> | Non-nil means, export with drawers like the property drawer.
>> | When t, all drawers are exported.  This may also be a list of
>> | drawer names to export.
>> `----
>> Does it?
>
> Setting org-export-with-drawers to t allows the draws to be
> exported, but it also exports the drawer delimiters (the :DUCK: and
> the :END: in my example) which I don't want to be exported. I've
> been looking at the various export variables, but I can't find
> anything that will stop the drawer delimiters from being exported. I
> think I'll stick with my current set up which doesn't use drawers.

Indeed, there is no way currently to use drawers as you intend.

- Carsten

* Re: Drawers and HTML Export
@ 2009-05-25 14:36       ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2009-05-25 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: srandby, [Orgmode]

>> Setting org-export-with-drawers to t allows the draws to be
>> exported, but it also exports the drawer delimiters (the :DUCK: and
>> the :END: in my example) which I don't want to be exported. I've
>> been looking at the various export variables, but I can't find
>> anything that will stop the drawer delimiters from being exported. I
>> think I'll stick with my current set up which doesn't use drawers.

CD> Indeed, there is no way currently to use drawers as you intend.

FYI, I have been chugging away slowly at org-exp-generic and although
exp-generic is handling drawers export, it isn't yet handling parsing of
it...  It's one of my near-term goals for it though.

 and much more difficult to find."
   -- Terry Pratchett

http://pontifications.hardakers.net/