* proposal to separate org-special-ctrl-a/e into two variables
@ 2009-02-22 13:38 Alan E. Davis
From: Alan E. Davis @ 2009-02-22 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have found the behavior of the cursor at the beginning of the line to be
clumsy, and troublesome.  I cannot easily set a region, for example.

However, the special setting of ctrl-e is extremely useful.

A single variable controls these two variables, in a unified way.  This
variable also has two aliases.  The aliases are not recognized by the
functions that are affected by these variables in org.el:
org-beginning-of-line, and org-end-of-line.  As far as I can see, there
seems no reason to keep these two aliased variables as references to a
single unified variable, insofar as the underlying code is concerned.

Because, at least for me, the behaviors have sufficiently distinct
behaviors, I propose these should be separated.

I am unable to code lisp to the level of skill necessary to do the work
myself.  At some point, I would be willing to work on this as a "first off"
hack.  I cannot do so at present due to work obligations.

Alan

--
Alan Davis

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when
there is no ground whatsoever for supposing it is true.
    ---- Bertrand Russell
They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see
nothing but sea.
    ----   Sir Francis Bacon

* Re: proposal to separate org-special-ctrl-a/e into two variables
@ 2009-02-22 17:39 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-22 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)