At Wed, 1 Apr 2009 13:18:09 +0200, Carsten Dominik wrote: > > Hi Erik, > > can you show > > - an example entry > - how it shows up in the agenda without your patch > - how it shows up with your patch > > so that I am better able to understand what you are trying > to achieve with this patch? Hi Carsten - Of course, my apologies. I have a set of functions that download from remote ical files, then convert to diary entries. (attached, if anybody is interested). This results in some diary entries which look like, for example: x x x x x x x x 1/4/2009 All day event Description of all day event 1/4/2009 14:00-15:00 meeting A pretty long meeting description x x x x x x x x This creates fancy diary pages that look like: x x x x x x x x Wednesday, 1 April 2009: April Fools' Day ========================================== All day event Description of all day event 14:00-15:00 meeting A pretty long meeting description x x x x x x x x Without the patch, I get agendas that look like: x x x x x x x x Wednesday 1 April 2009 Diary: 14:00-15:00 meeting Diary: April Fools' Day Diary: All day event Diary: Description of all day event Diary: A pretty Diary: long meeting description x x x x x x x x As you can see, the descriptions of the events are all mixed up. With the patch, it removes any line from the fancy diary page that starts with a space, resulting in a more compact agenda: x x x x x x x x Wednesday 1 April 2009 Diary: 14:00-15:00 meeting Diary: April Fools' Day Diary: All day event x x x x x x x x I can then get full event descriptions by clicking on the agenda items. One problem that I noticed with this solution is that diary entries that begin with a space (Note the two spaces before ‘Do something every month’): x x x x x x x x %%(and (diary-date 1 t t) (diary-block 1 9 2006 1 1 9999)) Do something every month x x x x x x x x get displayed with a leading space in the diary display and thus get lost when transforming to an agenda. The icalendar library seems to create diary entries like this, a problem that I will have to track down. I hope that explains what I am trying to do. best, Erik Hetzner