* follow mode - open linked entities
@ 2009-03-13 11:58 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2009-03-13 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

Hi Carsten et al,

A feature request - have "follow mode" open up the first linked
property if so configured. Possibly a configured property name such as
"Link" if linking to something "internal" like an gnus email.

I realise that's probably quite a major thing if done generically and
came to mind because I use follow mode as the default through
org-agenda-start-with-follow-mode and was thinking how nice it would be
if agenda items which are inserted from elisp snippets such as
%%(org-bbdb-anniversaries) could be opened in follow mode - in this case
someones birthday in the agenda and setting focus would open their bbdb
entry. This in turn made me wonder if an "anything" link from the agenda
might be the way since a lot of "entities" already have "anything"
template.

I realise that this is probably quite tricky, but just thought I 'd
mention it in case anyone had taking any steps in this direction
already,

regards,

r.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-03-13 11:58 UTC | newest]