* bug: org-cycle-include-plain-lists
@ 2009-04-02 19:43 Patrick Bahr
From: Patrick Bahr @ 2009-04-02 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Hi,

I have a problem when org-cycle-include-plain-lists is enabled. When doing
visibility cycling on a headline that contains a plain list, the first hit on
tab already reveals all headlines (and only the headlines) below it. E.g., in
the following file hitting tab on "Headline 1" shows "Headline 1.1", "Headline
1.1.1" and "Headline 1.1.2".

* Headline 1
   - one
   - two
** Headline 1.1
    lorem ipsum
*** Headline 1.1.1
     lorem ipsum
*** Headline 1.1.2
     lorem ipsum

I'm using the current release 6.25a.

Cheers,
Patrick

* Re: bug: org-cycle-include-plain-lists
@ 2009-04-03  9:03 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-04-03  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Bahr; +Cc: Org Mode List

On Apr 2, 2009, at 9:43 PM, Patrick Bahr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem when org-cycle-include-plain-lists is enabled. When
> doing visibility cycling on a headline that contains a plain list,
> the first hit on tab already reveals all headlines (and only the
> headlines) below it. E.g., in the following file hitting tab on
> "Headline 1" shows "Headline 1.1", "Headline 1.1.1" and "Headline
> 1.1.2".
>

> * Headline 1
>  - one
>  - two
> ** Headline 1.1
>   lorem ipsum
> *** Headline 1.1.1
>    lorem ipsum
> *** Headline 1.1.2
>    lorem ipsum
>

> I'm using the current release 6.25a.

Yes, this is hard to fix.  Internally, plain lists items are given
very high
level numbers.  The show-children command on Headline 1 finds the
first child, and then shows all levels in the subtree with this level
or higher in the hierarchy.

I think you need to live with this.

- Carsten