From: Ian Barton <lists@manor-farm.org>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: The most important project for org developers?
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:09:38 +0000	[thread overview]

> I currently export my schedule to google calendar with org's icalendar
> export. But I have to manually upload the ics file, so I'd prefer a
> solution that interfaces with google directly, such as an Integration
> of T.V. Rahman's google-client code for emacs with org-mode. I didn't
> get around to look at that code yet. (It's part of the emacspeak
> package, but can be downloaded separately.)
>
> I don't have a solution for todo items yet. It looks like it should be
> possible to integrate org-mode with remember the milk, which in turn
> has a good client for android (called Astrid). Somebody has apparently
> started a remember the milk integration with org-mode, but it looks
> like the project has stopped in a very early stage. (as evidenced by
> http://github.com/avdi/org-rtm/tree/master). Of course direct
> synchronisation with a todo-manager would be even better, and
> possible, since Astrid is free software too
> (http://code.google.com/p/android-astrid/).

If you have access to a server that supports WebDav you can create a
Google Calendar that reads your org ics file directly.

I publish my todo items to a web server, where I can browse them on my
phone. It's also possible to copy the html fine to my phone's memory,
where I could browse it without Internet access. The only downside is
that it's read only, but that's not a problem for me.

Ian.