* Could the checkbox dependancy blocking mechanism also use the "ORDERED" property feature?
@ 2009-02-18 12:52 Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2009-02-18 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten!

I very much like the blocking feature for TODOs and checkboxes.
I have lots of TODOs which I split into sub jobs using checkboxes.
I would be very glad to have the :ORDERED: feature for TODOs also for checkboxes.
Anyone else would like to work this way?
Any chance to get this on your todo list?

Example:

****** TODO a complex job [0/3]
       SCHEDULED: <2009-02-18 Mi> DEADLINE: <2009-02-20 Fr>
       :PROPERTIES:
         :ORDERED: t
       :END:
       - [ ] step 1
       - [ ] step 2
       - [ ] step 3
       - [ ] step 4
       - [ ] step 5

Thanks for the ever improving best organising tool ever!

Rainer

* Re: Could the checkbox dependancy blocking mechanism also use the "ORDERED" property feature?
@ 2009-02-18 14:57 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-18 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Feb 18, 2009, at 1:52 PM, Rainer Stengele wrote:

> Hi Carsten!
>
> I very much like the blocking feature for TODOs and checkboxes.
> I have lots of TODOs which I split into sub jobs using checkboxes.
> I would be very glad to have the :ORDERED: feature for TODOs also
> for checkboxes.
> Anyone else would like to work this way?
> Any chance to get this on your todo list?

I would, of course, also gladly accept a patch :-)

- Carsten

@ 2009-02-19  8:14 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-19  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

OK,

I just took this OFF my todo list.

- Carsten

@ 2009-02-19  9:34   ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2009-02-19  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Excellent! It works. Thank you!

In the git version of today I find a very strange change in the agenda view.
Starting agenda view and scrolling to the very first entry immediatley leaves
the agenda window and jumps to the corresponding org file position. Clicking
onto any agenda line point also is jumping out of agenda window immediately.

Did I oversee a new setting or is this a bug?

Rainer

@ 2009-02-19  9:41     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-19  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Feb 19, 2009, at 10:34 AM, Rainer Stengele wrote:

> Excellent! It works. Thank you!
>
> In the git version of today I find a very strange change in the
> agenda view.
> Starting agenda view and scrolling to the very first entry
> immediatley leaves
> the agenda window and jumps to the corresponding org file position.
> Clicking
> onto any agenda line point also is jumping out of agenda window
> immediately.
>
> Did I oversee a new setting or is this a bug?

Sorry, some experimental code interferes with follow mode.  Fixed now.

- Carsten