From: Mark Elston <m.elston@advantest-ard.com>
To: David Thole <dthole@gmail.com>
Cc: Org Mode List <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Automatic Update of Org files
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 10:54:05 -0800	[thread overview]

David,

This sound interesting and similar to what I am doing.  I didn't
want to have to parse the Org file but it may be that I have no
choice in the matter.

I may be able to make some of this easier on myself by putting all
(or most) generated information in a block of some kind that allows
me to keep it as text without having to really 'parse' it.  This would
make the 'merge' process simpler.

As for your wishlist items I am not so concerned with the 'postback'
as I am not just looking at my own issues but those in my group as
well.  I won't mark something as done until it has been completed
in TestTrack.

My biggest concern is keeping any notes I add to items I have extracted
from these various sources during an update process.

I tried the org-registry package mentioned by Samuel but it didn't
load and initialize.  I am not sure but I think it may be due to the
fact that my 'org-agenda-files' variable is set to a directory and not
a list of files.

You say you are using Python.  I have used Perl since I found a SOAP
package for Perl and I haven't seen one for Python and I need it for
accessing TestTrack.  I would prefer Python otherwise.

I would be interested in seeing what you have.  It may give me some
ideas.

Mark