* Having time inside a scheduled item
@ 2009-02-03 16:37 David St-Hilaire
From: David St-Hilaire @ 2009-02-03 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello!

Whenever I schdedule an item (C-c C-s), I don't know how to have the hour of the
scheduled item to appear/to be considered. I know that with timestamps, using
C-u C-c ./! will add the hour in the timestamp, but C-u C-c C-s doesn't seem to
work. Is it possible to schedule at a precise hour, if so how?

Thank you! ^_^Y

David

* Re: Having time inside a scheduled item
@ 2009-02-03 16:51 ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2009-02-03 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode, David St-Hilaire

-- Mar 3/2/09, David St-Hilaire <sthilaid@iro.umontreal.ca> ha scritto:
> Whenever I schdedule an item (C-c C-s), I don't know
> how to have the hour of the
> scheduled item to appear/to be considered. I know that with
> timestamps, using
> C-u C-c ./! will add the hour in the timestamp, but C-u C-c
> C-s doesn't seem to
> work. Is it possible to schedule at a precise hour, if so
> how?

In the manual,

8.3 Deadlines and scheduling
============================

SCHEDULED

Meaning: you are planning to start working on that task on the
     given date.

     The headline will be listed under the given date(1).  In addition,
     a reminder that the scheduled date has passed will be present in
     the compilation for _today_, until the entry is marked DONE.
     I.e., the task will automatically be forwarded until completed.

          *** TODO Call Trillian for a date on New Years Eve.
              SCHEDULED: <2004-12-25 Sat>

     Important: Scheduling an item in Org mode should not be understood
     in the same way that we understand scheduling a meeting.  Setting
     a date for a meeting is just a simple appointment, you should mark
     this entry with a simple plain time stamp, to get this item shown
     on the date where it applies.  This is a frequent
     mis-understanding from Org-users.  In Org mode, scheduling means
     setting a date when you want to start working on an action item.

Giovanni

      Passa a Yahoo! Mail.

La webmail che ti offre GRATIS spazio illimitato,
antispam e messenger integrato.
http://it.mail..yahoo.com/

* Re: Having time inside a scheduled item
@ 2009-02-03 17:06 ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2009-02-03 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David St-Hilaire; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 10:07 PM, David St-Hilaire wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Whenever I schdedule an item (C-c C-s), I don't know how to have the
> hour of the scheduled item to appear/to be considered. I know that
> with timestamps, using C-u C-c ./! will add the hour in the timestamp,
> but C-u C-c C-s doesn't seem to work. Is it possible to schedule at a
> precise hour, if so how?

C-c C-s drops you in a prompt, enter "wed 10:10 RET" (sans quotes) and
it is scheduled for that precise hour.  No?

--
Manish

* Re: Having time inside a scheduled item
@ 2009-02-03 17:59   ` David St-Hilaire
From: David St-Hilaire @ 2009-02-03 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish; +Cc: emacs-orgmode