* org-mode not loading properly on startup
@ 2009-01-30  9:40 Paul Mead
From: Paul Mead @ 2009-01-30  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Just a niggling issue here, I have a function set up to load my main org
file work.org.

(defun gtd()
  (interactive)
  (find-file "~/.gtd/work.org")
)

Straightforward enough, but since I downloaded v6.20 I then have to
manually switch using M-x org-mode. Otherwise the faces are all wrong,
hidden stars don't work, etc. Interestingly the mode line shows 'org'
before and after. Once I manually switch it on, everything is fine.

Paul

* Re: Re: org-mode not loading properly on startup
@ 2009-01-30 13:09 Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2009-01-30 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Mead, Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

--- Ven 30/1/09, Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> ha scritto:
> On Jan 30, 2009, at 12:49 PM, Paul Mead wrote:
>
> > Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
> >
> >> Do you have set up to make .org files
> >>automatically enter org-mode?
> >>
> >> What happens if you use C-x C-f to open the file?
> >>

> > I have the following:
> >
> > (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))
> >
> > If I use C-x C-f the behaviour is the same for the
> > first .org file  which
> > I open. Any subsequent files that I open behave
> > normally, whether or  not I manually start org-mode.
> >
> > I have also tried opening files in different order -
> > work.org and
> > home.org. Which ever one I open first after starting
> > emacs fails to   show
> > the faces, hide stars, etc. There doesn't appear
> > to be anything wrong
> > with the files themselves therefore.
>

> I don't have enough to work on here.
>
> Any other ideas anyone?
> Maybe more windows people to test
> this?
here
Win XP
Org-mode version 6.20g (just downloaded)
GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2008-09-06 on SOFT-MJASON

Emacs closed and re-opened, works like a charm, faces are ok

both files with the org-mode heading:
    -*- mode: org; -*-
and test.org file

cheers,