From: Bruce Hackett <Bruce.Hackett@met.no>
To: Daniel Clemente <n142857@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Command key problem in agenda view
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 11:56:11 +0000	[thread overview]

Thanks, Daniel,

You were right! Actually, I had thought of your suggestion before and I
had in fact renamed the system org.elc some time ago to get rid of it.
Since then, my OS was upgraded from fc5 to ubuntu, and I didn't hit upon
the possibility that the system org.elc  (v4.67!) was now back in
business. I did a rename again and now I'm in v6.17.

However, there is another small issue here: Isn't there a better way to
locally install an updated version of an emacs package that comes with a
centrally managed OS? In my case, there is an enterprise-wide
installation of emacs that I cannot change - I had to ask a system
administrator to make the filename change for me.

Cheers, Bruce

Daniel Clemente wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   similar strange things happened to me because Emacs was loading the system org-mode (the one installed by Emacs) instead of the org-mode I had put in my personal directory. Therefore an old version of org-mode was being loaded, with less features than expected.
>
>   Check your configuration; try   M-x org-version   and be sure that you are running the latest org-mode (current one is 6.17c).
>

>   At your ~/.emacs you should have something like
>
>   (add-to-list 'load-path "/somewhere/org-mode/lisp") (require 'org-install)
>
>   And not (require 'org).
>

>   Just an idea.
>
> Daniel

   Bruce Hackett                         Senior Scientist
   Norwegian Meteorological Institute (met.no), R & D Div.
   P.O. Box 43 - Blindern                e-mail: Bruce.Hackett@met.no
   N-0313 Oslo                           Phone:  +47 22 96 33 39
   NORWAY                                Fax:    +47 22 96 33 80
                                         Mob:    +47 48 048 958