* org-publish-file
@ 2008-12-04 16:31 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2008-12-04 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

If I edit a file in an org web subdirectory and then publish that file it does
not get published with the style sheet link content.

e.g I have a file index.org in rgr-source/bike and when I publish it the
destination rgr-source/bike/index.html does not include the :style as
specified in web-org below.

When I publish the entire project then the file includes the style.

(setq org-publish-project-alist
      `(
	("web-extra"
	 :base-directory ,rgr-source
	 :publishing-directory ,rgr-publish
         :recursive t
	 :base-extension "gif\\|jpg\\|jpeg\\|png\\|css"
	 :publishing-function org-publish-attachment
	 )
	("web-org"
	 :base-directory ,rgr-source
	 :publishing-directory ,rgr-publish
         :recursive t
	 :base-extension "org"
	 :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
	 :section-numbers nil
	 :style "<link rel=stylesheet
                     href=\"./style.css\"
                     type=\"text/css\">"
	 :auto-preamble t
	 :auto-postamble t
	 :postamble "</div>"
	 :author nil
	 )
	("web"
	 :components("web-org" "web-extra")

--
 important and urgent problems of the technology of today are no longer the satisfactions of the primary needs or of archetypal wishes, but the reparation of the evils and damages by the technology of yesterday.  ~Dennis Gabor, Innovations:  Scientific, Technological and Social, 1970

* Re: org-publish-file
@ 2008-12-04 17:28 ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2008-12-04 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Riley; +Cc: org-mode

Hi Richard,

Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com> writes:

> If I edit a file in an org web subdirectory and then publish that file it does
> not get published with the style sheet link content.
>
> e.g I have a file index.org in rgr-source/bike and when I publish it the
> destination rgr-source/bike/index.html does not include the :style as
> specified in web-org below.

I assume you mean that the exported html does not contain the
stylesheet line at all. I can't seem to replicate this behavior. When
I publish org files recursively, the link to the stylesheet appears in
all exported html files, regardless of their directory level.

[snip]
> ("web-org"
>	 :base-directory ,rgr-source
>	 :publishing-directory ,rgr-publish
>         :recursive t
>	 :base-extension "org"
>	 :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
>	 :section-numbers nil
>	 :style "<link rel=stylesheet
>                     href=\"./style.css\"
>                     type=\"text/css\">"
>	 :auto-preamble t
>	 :auto-postamble t
>	 :postamble "</div>"
>	 :author nil
>	 )
[snip]

Is the css file also exported to the subdirectory "/rgr-source/bike"?
If not, the relative link won't find the file. I believe you'll either
need to use an absolute link or specify a different relative link
(e.g., "../style.css") using the #+STYLE option in
"/rgr-source/bike/index.org".

Regards,

Matt

* Re: org-publish-file
@ 2008-12-04 18:06   ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2008-12-04 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Lundin; +Cc: org-mode, Richard Riley

Matthew Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:

> Hi Richard,
>
> Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> If I edit a file in an org web subdirectory and then publish that file it does
>> not get published with the style sheet link content.
>>
>> e.g I have a file index.org in rgr-source/bike and when I publish it the
>> destination rgr-source/bike/index.html does not include the :style as
>> specified in web-org below.
>>
> I assume you mean that the exported html does not contain the
> stylesheet line at all. I can't seem to replicate this behavior. When
> I publish org files recursively, the link to the stylesheet appears in
> all exported html files, regardless of their directory level.

I am referring to publishing the single file using org-publish-file

Possibly its as designed, but I'm not sure that would be the right thing.

> [snip]
>> ("web-org"
>>	 :base-directory ,rgr-source
>>	 :publishing-directory ,rgr-publish
>>         :recursive t
>>	 :base-extension "org"
>>	 :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
>>	 :section-numbers nil
>>	 :style "<link rel=stylesheet
>>                     href=\"./style.css\"
>>                     type=\"text/css\">"
>>	 :auto-preamble t
>>	 :auto-postamble t
>>	 :postamble "</div>"
>>	 :author nil
>>	 )
> [snip]
>
> Is the css file also exported to the subdirectory "/rgr-source/bike"?
> If not, the relative link won't find the file. I believe you'll either
> need to use an absolute link or specify a different relative link
> (e.g., "../style.css") using the #+STYLE option in
> "/rgr-source/bike/index.org".

Each dir has a style.css which includes ../style.css. That is not the
issue. Recursive publish works fine.