* template specific commit functions.
@ 2008-11-29 19:21 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2008-11-29 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

Carsten, I see there is a "check" function to determine if the template
can be used - is there, or could there please be, a function called
which is template specific with the committed remember item (i.e after
merging title etc at C-c C-c time)? I guess that item would be a record
of some sort and the function called could well be, for example, an
interface to twitter or blorg or .... etc.

* Re: template specific commit functions.
@ 2008-12-03  8:33 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-12-03  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Richard,

please make this proposal to JD Smith, I think this fits well into his
new design for the Org - Remember interaction.  I will not add new
features to Remember for the time being, only fix bugs.

- Carsten

@ 2008-12-03 19:30   ` James TD Smith
From: James TD Smith @ 2008-12-03 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Richard and Carsten,

On 2008-12-03 09:33:56(+0100), Carsten Dominik wrote:
> please make this proposal to JD Smith, I think this fits well into his
> new design for the Org - Remember interaction.  I will not add new
> features to Remember for the time being, only fix bugs.
>
> On Nov 29, 2008, at 8:21 PM, Richard Riley wrote:
> > Carsten, I see there is a "check" function to determine if the template can
> > be used - is there, or could there please be, a function called which is
> > template specific with the committed remember item (i.e after merging title
> > etc at C-c C-c time)? I guess that item would be a record of some sort and
> > the function called could well be, for example, an interface to twitter or
> > blorg or .... etc.

I've already seen this and will be implementing it.

James

--
|-<James TD Smith>-<email/ahktenzero@mohorovi.cc>-|

* Re: template specific commit functions.
@ 2008-12-03 20:20     ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2008-12-03 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

James TD Smith <ahktenzero@mohorovi.cc> writes:

> Hi Richard and Carsten,
>
> On 2008-12-03 09:33:56(+0100), Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> please make this proposal to JD Smith, I think this fits well into his
>> new design for the Org - Remember interaction.  I will not add new
>> features to Remember for the time being, only fix bugs.
>>
>> On Nov 29, 2008, at 8:21 PM, Richard Riley wrote:
>> > Carsten, I see there is a "check" function to determine if the template can
>> > be used - is there, or could there please be, a function called which is
>> > template specific with the committed remember item (i.e after merging title
>> > etc at C-c C-c time)? I guess that item would be a record of some sort and
>> > the function called could well be, for example, an interface to twitter or
>> > blorg or .... etc.
>
> I've already seen this and will be implementing it.
>
> James

Wonderful - thanks James.

> --
> |-<James TD Smith>-<email/ahktenzero@mohorovi.cc>-|

 important and urgent problems of the technology of today are no longer the satisfactions of the primary needs or of archetypal wishes, but the reparation of the evils and damages by the technology of yesterday.  ~Dennis Gabor, Innovations:  Scientific, Technological and Social, 1970