* date rows in weekly agenda column mode
@ 2008-10-16 21:59 George Pearson
From: George Pearson @ 2008-10-16 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

In column view for the weekly agenda, the rows containing the dates for
the upcoming week (e.g. "Friday  17 October 2008") have the same light
grey background as the rows containing the TODO items.  Is there a way
to set a different background (like, say, white) for these date rows?
This would make the date separations more obvious in this display.

I have been poking around in org-faces.el but could not figure out
if anything controlled this background in particular.

* Re: date rows in weekly agenda column mode
@ 2008-10-17 13:47 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-17 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: George Pearson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi George,

in my Emacs, these lines have a white background and are therefore
easily distinguished.  These lines use org-agenda-date and org-agenda-
date-weekend as their faces, respectively.

Ah, I guess you mean when you are computing summaries in the agenda
column view?
No, I don't think there is a way to change that.  Maybe there should
be, I am putting it on my list.

- Carsten

@ 2008-10-17 14:19   ` George Pearson
From: George Pearson @ 2008-10-17 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 17 Oct 2008 at 15:47, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> in my Emacs, these lines have a white background and are therefore
> easily distinguished.

Interesting.  The only date line I've seen with a white background
in the column view of a weekly agenda was a Saturday with NO tasks
yet assigned.

In the ordinary (NON-column) weekly agenda, the date rows all have
a white background, but then so do all the other rows.

>  These lines use org-agenda-date and org-agenda-
> date-weekend as their faces, respectively.

Are you saying that these work in an agenda AND in a column view of
an agenda?

I had seen these in org-faces.el, but thought them unrelated, as the
foreground colors appeared to be all blue, and I don't see blue text
for the dates.  But then I don't know elisp, so I perhaps did not
understand the face definitions.

> Ah, I guess you mean when you are computing summaries in the agenda
> column view?

Yes, the Effort total does appear on the row of interest (with the date).

> No, I don't think there is a way to change that.  Maybe there should
> be, I am putting it on my list.

Great!

* Re: date rows in weekly agenda column mode
@ 2008-11-14  3:55   ` George Pearson
From: George Pearson @ 2008-11-14  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Tried to get the white background on these rows by changing the code
myself.  Managed to get the white background, BUT the effort total
has vanished from the row, and so I could use some advice.

Here's what I did:  in the function org-agenda-colview-summarize,
found in org-colview.el, I replaced these two lines:

			 (put-text-property
			 0 (length lsum) 'face 'bold lsum)

with these two:

			 (add-text-properties
			  0 (length lsum) 'face '(:background white) lsum)

Where did I go wrong?

@ 2008-11-17 16:50     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-11-17 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: George Pearson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi George,

you can now customize the face `org-agenda-column-dateline' to your
liking.

HTH.

- Carsten

@ 2008-11-17 19:22       ` George Pearson
From: George Pearson @ 2008-11-17 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thanks, Carsten - works great!

Now it's MUCH easier to see what I'm doing when moving tasks around in
weekly agenga column view.