* feature request: retain scheduled time of done scheduled TODO's
@ 2007-08-24 22:22 Brian van den Broek
From: Brian van den Broek @ 2007-08-24 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I have a feature request.

When marking a scheduled TODO as done, I generally want to retain the
information about for when it was scheduled. I wish to do so so as to
see how far ahead or behind I am from my planned progress. (I use
deadlines for things that must be done dates and scheduling for
planning when I will do something.)

At present, I am manually copying the active scheduled timestamp into
the closing note and turning it into an inactive timestamp. It would
be a boon were this able to be done automatically. Unfortunately, my
lisp is far too weak to attempt this myself.

Apologies if I overlooked relevant bits of the manual and I'm asking
for something that already exists. If so, pointers gratefully accepted :-)

Best,

Brian vdB

* Re: feature request: retain scheduled time of done scheduled TODO's
@ 2007-08-30  8:06 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-08-30  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian van den Broek; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Aug 25, 2007, at 0:22, Brian van den Broek wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a feature request.
>
> When marking a scheduled TODO as done, I generally want to retain the
> information about for when it was scheduled. I wish to do so so as to
> see how far ahead or behind I am from my planned progress. (I use
> deadlines for things that must be done dates and scheduling for
> planning when I will do something.)

I don't really remember why I used to remove the "SCHEDULED" info
at all when adding a CLOSED time stamp.  No need, really.  In 5.07
this will be changed - if it breaks anything, I will make it an
option.

- Carsten

* Re: feature request: retain scheduled time of done scheduled TODO's
@ 2007-08-31  0:19   ` Brian van den Broek
From: Brian van den Broek @ 2007-08-31  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik said unto the world upon 08/30/2007 04:06 AM:

> On Aug 25, 2007, at 0:22, Brian van den Broek wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a feature request.
>>
>> When marking a scheduled TODO as done, I generally want to retain the
>> information about for when it was scheduled. I wish to do so so as to
>
> I don't really remember why I used to remove the "SCHEDULED" info
> at all when adding a CLOSED time stamp.  No need, really.  In 5.07
> this will be changed - if it breaks anything, I will make it an
> option.
>
> - Carsten

Hi all,

Thanks Carsten, both for implementing this and for all the other 5.07
goodness. I've noticed no problems with this feature so far.

BTW The manual says that it is for v5.08 but the latest release is 5.07a.

Best,

Brian vdB