* Error Loading org Files with 5.02
@ 2007-07-13 12:05 Ian Barton
From: Ian Barton @ 2007-07-13 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have just upgraded from 4.75 to 5.02. When I try to load an org file I
get:

File mode specification error: void-variable macro-declaration-function

This is with emacs 21.4.1 on Ubuntu Feisty. I think the problem is emacs
version specific because I don't get the error running emacs snapshot on
the same computer.

Ian.

* Re: Error Loading org Files with 5.02
@ 2007-07-13 13:25 ` Brian van den Broek
From: Brian van den Broek @ 2007-07-13 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Ian Barton said unto the world upon 07/13/2007 08:05 AM:
> I have just upgraded from 4.75 to 5.02. When I try to load an org file I
> get:
>
> File mode specification error: void-variable macro-declaration-function
>
> This is with emacs 21.4.1 on Ubuntu Feisty. I think the problem is emacs
> version specific because I don't get the error running emacs snapshot on
> the same computer.
>
> Ian.

Hi All,

I recently installed 5.02 on Ubuntu Feisty running emacs snapshot,
too. I'm very new to emacs, but it occurred to me that the install
produces .elc files. I temporarily moved those generated .elc's out of
my emacs load path and emacs 21.4.1 was able to load org mode. It
didn't load automatically on visiting an .org file (nor did font-lock
automatically apply), though. So, it seems like the issue might be
that the org-mode files are compiled to work against the version of
emacs you specify when editing the Makefile on install.

I thought that the data point might be helpful, but I would reiterate
that I am very new to emacs :-)

Best to all,

Brian vdB