From: Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com>
To: Henry Hirsch <henry.hirsch@adition.com>
Cc: nicholas.dokos@hp.com, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Include does not work when doing org-export-as-org
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:37:54 -0400	[thread overview]

Henry Hirsch <henry.hirsch@adition.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:57:58AM -0400, Nick Dokos wrote:
> >       o org is very much a scratch-your-itch project - so you can
> >       certainly go ahead and implement what you want.
>
> I get it. If I want something fixed I gotta do it myself.
>
> Have a nice day, and thank you for sobering me up.

I'm sorry I offended you: that was not my intention at all.
But the above is certainly a misrepresentation of what I said.
Let me repeat:

<quote>
... there are a couple of options:

      o org is very much a scratch-your-itch project - so you can
      certainly go ahead and implement what you want.

      o explain your use case: if it is compelling enough, somebody
      might be motivated to implement what you ask for (but you need
      to specify it exactly - and if somebody else implements it, be
      prepared to compromise...)

</quote>

A lot of people do follow the first way - many follow the second.
You are certainly free to propose some other way to proceed.

So far what you have done is identified it a behavior that does not
meet your expectations. It may be considered a bug or it may be not.
If the "bug" is fixed, it would break an existing use case (exporting
org example to web pages), which was in fact the primary reason for
providing the interface (somebody scratched that itch). So why should
it be changed (or more likely: why should another interface be added)
to meet your expectations? What is *your* use case? That is not at
all clear, so far at least.

Nick