* html export spacing, UI, links
@ 2006-06-02 22:51 Scott Otterson
From: Scott Otterson @ 2006-06-02 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I really like the interface Carsten created for visible exports, the one
where you type:

     M-x org-export-visible [RET]

and then hit a single key for ascii, html, or whatever.  For
consistency, could this same approach be taken for the regular exports
eg. org-export-as-html-and-open?

Thanks,

Scott

* Re: html export spacing, UI, links
@ 2006-06-04 21:54 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-06-04 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Otterson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I am not sure I understand what the problem is.  Are you saying that
export-and open does not work with visible?  Or are you looking for
simple and logical access to export commands.  There are keys for all
of them, and the difference between visible and full export is simple.
For example, if ASCII export is on `C-c C-x a', then ASCII export of
the visible part is C-c C-x v a'.  I.e. the keys are identical, you
only need to sneak in a "v" after the C-x.

But as I say, I am not sure I understand correctly.

- Carsten

@ 2006-06-04 22:07   ` Scott Otterson
From: Scott Otterson @ 2006-06-04 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks, I didn't realize the shortcuts were arranged like that (I never
manage to learn shortcuts for rarely used commands).  The nice thing
about visible export is that it prompts you in the minibuffer after
you've typed

    M-x org-export-visible

For the ordinary export commands, there aren't prompts, so if you don't
know the shortcuts, you must type the whole thing eg.

    M-x org-export-as-html-and-open

There is always tab completion but the org-export-visible prompt is
nicer.  I think that consistency in interface between the two types of
export would also be nicer.  But it's a small touch...

Scott