* third export request
@ 2006-05-19 20:22 Austin Frank
From: Austin Frank @ 2006-05-19 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Last one on this topic, I think :)

I don't know if this is more of an org-export or an org-publish request,
but I'd like to be able to do something like

     (setq org-export-as-ascii-directory "~/notes/text/")

and have any org-export-as-ascii files sent to that directory.  Likewise
for the other org-export-as-* functions.  It'd be nice to be able to
configure where the ical files end up when they're exported, as well.

Allowing exports to be written to specific directories seems like it
might provide a sensible default for the :publishing-directory plist
entry in org-publish-projects-alist, but I admit I haven't thought that
through very thoroughly.

Thanks again for reading,
/au

* Re: third export request
@ 2006-05-20 11:06 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-05-20 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Austin Frank; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

This is no problem.  I will probably not make separate variables for
this, but allow an alist value for org-publishing-directory that can
look like this:

(setq org-publishing-directory
      '((:html . "./html/")
        (:ascii . "../text/")
	   (:xoxo . "html/")))

Something along those lines.

I have too many publishing options already - I should have done this
with property lists from the beginning, but unfortunately did not think
of this possibility.  Sort of too late now.

- Carsten

On May 19, 2006, at 22:22, Austin Frank wrote:

> Last one on this topic, I think :)
>
> I don't know if this is more of an org-export or an org-publish
> request, but I'd like to be able to do something like
>
>     (setq org-export-as-ascii-directory "~/notes/text/")
>
> and have any org-export-as-ascii files sent to that directory.
> Likewise for the other org-export-as-* functions.  It'd be nice to be
> able to configure where the ical files end up when they're exported,
> as well.
>
> Allowing exports to be written to specific directories seems like it
> might provide a sensible default for the :publishing-directory plist
> entry in org-publish-projects-alist, but I admit I haven't thought
> that through very thoroughly.
>
> Thanks again for reading,
> /au

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: third export request
@ 2006-05-21 15:02   ` Austin Frank
From: Austin Frank @ 2006-05-21 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> This is no problem.  I will probably not make separate variables for
> this, but allow an alist value for org-publishing-directory that can
> look like this:
>

> (setq org-publishing-directory
>      '((:html . "./html/")
>        (:ascii . "../text/")
>        (:xoxo . "html/")))
>
> Something along those lines.

This looks good.  Will ical be included in the same alist even though it
is not an org-export-as-* function?  If not, will there be a way to set
an export directory for icalendar-export-* ?

Thanks,
/au