From: Van L <van@scratch.space>
To: leslie@watter.net
Cc: org-mode-email <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: generate PDF with matching new-lines in quotation C-u C-c C-e
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 14:07:49 +1000	[thread overview]

Hello Leslie,

> Well, you must choose what do you want.

I have it :-) No amount of searching through the Internet forums was going to find this. But, you can piece it together from Leslie Lamport’s LaTeX book which I finally did.

The \linebreak leaves the full justification default unchanged.

#+LATEX_CLASS: article
#+LATEX_HEADER: \pdfmapfile{/opt/local/share/texmf-texlive/fonts/map/dvips/libertine/libertine.map}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{libertine}
#+LATEX_COMPILER: xelatex
#+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: export
#+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport

    #+NAME: page-56-57
    #+BEGIN_SRC latex
      \begin{minipage}[b]{28em}
      war. The longer a war lasts, the more things tend to depend on acci-\linebreak
      dents. Neither you nor we can see into them: we have to abide their\linebreak
      outcome in the dark. And when people are entering upon a war they\linebreak
      do things the wrong way round. Action comes first, and it is only\linebreak
      when they have already suffered that they begin to think. We, how-\linebreak
      ever, are still far removed from such a mistaken attitude; so, to the\linebreak
      best of our belief, are you. And so we urge you, now, while we are\linebreak
      both still free to make sensible decisions, do not break the peace,\linebreak
      do not go back upon your oaths; instead let us settle our differences\linebreak
      by arbitration, as is laid down in the treaty. If you will not do so, we\linebreak
      shall have as our witnesses the gods who heard our oaths. You will\linebreak
      have begun the war, and we shall attempt to meet you in any and\linebreak
      every field of action that you may choose.
      \end{minipage}
    #+END_SRC