From: "Mark S." <throaway@yahoo.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Memnon Anon <gegendosenfleisch@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: Ctl-E doesn't go to end of line?
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 20:26:53 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

--- On Tue, 5/17/11, Memnon Anon <gegendosenfleisch@googlemail.com> wrote:

> From: Memnon Anon <gegendosenfleisch@googlemail.com>
> Subject: Re: [O] Ctl-E doesn't go to end of line?
> To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> Date: Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 7:30 PM
> Hi Mark,
>
> "Mark S." <throaway@yahoo.com>
> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > In org-mode, Ctl-E is bound to org-end-of-line.
> However, this doesn't
> > appear to take you to the actual end of line as it
> does in the regular
> > modes. Instead, it appears to take you out to the
> default line fill --
> > even if your specified line fill is much shorter or
> much longer than
> > the default.
>
> Just to be clear:
>
> a) `C-e' takes you to whatever fill-column is set to
> globally?
>
> b) And this happens not only on headlines, but also on body
> lines?
>
> c) And you did not explicitly set any of the
> org-special-ctrl-xxx
>    variables?
>
> afaics, org-end-of-line uses either a) end-of-visual-line,
> b)
> move-end-of-line or c) end-of-line. But none of those seem
> to have this
> effect. ...
>
> Now I am as curious as you are :).
>
> Memnon

Hello Memnon,

'b' & 'c' are true on my system. On 'a', I don't know how org-mode is setting the distance. It seems to get stuck on some arbitrary number. For instance, it was at 106. Then I rebooted emacs and now its at 80 followed by jumps of 40. Changing the fill position doesn't seem to change the point to which it jumps.

Basically, I would like it to either (1) jump to the end of the line just like in ordinary emacs or (2) behave predictably, so that I can get to the end in two key sequences. Currently it does neither.

Thanks,
Mark