From: "William Henney" <whenney@gmail.com>
To: Robert Goldman <rpgoldman@sift.info>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: question about org-region-active-p
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 09:52:27 -0600	[thread overview]

Hi Robert

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 7:51 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman@sift.info> wrote:
> [I found this because I tried to publish a subtree of an org file, and I
> found that org-region-active-p was NIL even after C-c @
> (outline-mark-subtree).]
>
> This may be an oddity of aquamacs -- it seems to prefer cua-mode and
> turn off transient-mark-mode by default.  I confess to not really
> understanding that decision or its implications.

I use Aquamacs with org-mode every day, and I have never run into this
problem. I just checked by turning off my customizations and
transient-mark-mode is indeed on by default. After doing "C-c @" in an
org file, then "M-: (org-region-active-p)" gives "t", as expected.
Maybe it is a problem with your customizations. You can check by
running "M-x start-vanilla-aquamacs".

I am running Aquamacs 1.5, org-mode 6.12b

Cheers

Will

--

  Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia