emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* Request For Approval To Contribute To Org Mode
@ 2022-02-06 19:27 Samuel Banya
  2022-02-06 19:35 ` Corwin Brust
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Samuel Banya @ 2022-02-06 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Berry

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 288 bytes --]

Hey there,

I can't find my previous email thread, but I asked if anyone could approve my Sourcehub registration to be able to make commits to Org Mode's repo going forward.

I wasn't sure if Bastien was around to do this though, so I wanted to check in about this.

Thanks,

Samuel Banya

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 551 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Request For Approval To Contribute To Org Mode
  2022-02-06 19:27 Request For Approval To Contribute To Org Mode Samuel Banya
@ 2022-02-06 19:35 ` Corwin Brust
  2022-02-08 14:19   ` Samuel Banya
  2022-02-11  8:30   ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Corwin Brust @ 2022-02-06 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Banya, Bastien; +Cc: Charles Berry

On Sun, Feb 6, 2022 at 1:28 PM Samuel Banya <sbanya@fastmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey there,
>
> I can't find my previous email thread, but I asked if anyone could approve my Sourcehub registration to be able to make commits to Org Mode's repo going forward.
>
> I wasn't sure if Bastien was around to do this though, so I wanted to check in about this.
>

AFAIK only Basiten can approve this, added to this thread.


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Request For Approval To Contribute To Org Mode
  2022-02-06 19:35 ` Corwin Brust
@ 2022-02-08 14:19   ` Samuel Banya
  2022-02-11  8:30   ` Bastien
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Samuel Banya @ 2022-02-08 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Corwin Brust, Bastien; +Cc: Charles Berry

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 505 bytes --]

Thanks Corwin :)

On Sun, Feb 6, 2022, at 2:35 PM, Corwin Brust wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 6, 2022 at 1:28 PM Samuel Banya <sbanya@fastmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hey there,
> >
> > I can't find my previous email thread, but I asked if anyone could approve my Sourcehub registration to be able to make commits to Org Mode's repo going forward.
> >
> > I wasn't sure if Bastien was around to do this though, so I wanted to check in about this.
> >
> 
> AFAIK only Basiten can approve this, added to this thread.
> 

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 952 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Request For Approval To Contribute To Org Mode
  2022-02-06 19:35 ` Corwin Brust
  2022-02-08 14:19   ` Samuel Banya
@ 2022-02-11  8:30   ` Bastien
  2022-02-11 13:13     ` Samuel Banya
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2022-02-11  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Corwin Brust; +Cc: Charles Berry, Samuel Banya

Hi Samuel,

sorry for the late answer.  

To contribute to Org, you can send patches to the mailing list:
maintainers will review and hopefully accept them.

Once you have several patches accepted and are comfortable pushing
changes directly to the Org repository, we will consider giving you
write access.  But for occasional bug fixing, this is not needed.

See https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html for more and let
us know if this answers your question.

Best,

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Request For Approval To Contribute To Org Mode
  2022-02-11  8:30   ` Bastien
@ 2022-02-11 13:13     ` Samuel Banya
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Samuel Banya @ 2022-02-11 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien, Corwin Brust; +Cc: Charles Berry

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1021 bytes --]

Hey Bastien,

Sounds good!

I'll take a look at the current issues to see if there are any low hanging fruit.

Also, I'll try looking on the page for any guides for how to submit patches as I have never done anything like that before, but I have seen it done in terms of related emails being sent to the org mailing list and the main Emacs mailing list.

Probably is built into Emacs so it should be cool to learn.

Thanks again Bastien :)

~ Sam

On Fri, Feb 11, 2022, at 3:30 AM, Bastien wrote:
> Hi Samuel,
> 
> sorry for the late answer.  
> 
> To contribute to Org, you can send patches to the mailing list:
> maintainers will review and hopefully accept them.
> 
> Once you have several patches accepted and are comfortable pushing
> changes directly to the Org repository, we will consider giving you
> write access.  But for occasional bug fixing, this is not needed.
> 
> See https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html for more and let
> us know if this answers your question.
> 
> Best,
> 
> -- 
> Bastien
> 

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 1748 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2022-02-11 13:41 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2022-02-06 19:27 Request For Approval To Contribute To Org Mode Samuel Banya
2022-02-06 19:35 ` Corwin Brust
2022-02-08 14:19   ` Samuel Banya
2022-02-11  8:30   ` Bastien
2022-02-11 13:13     ` Samuel Banya

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).