Oh… that would do it. Thank you for your help! > On Dec 18, 2023, at 12:10, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > > Michael Dixon > writes: > >> After a recent update, when I am editing a bulleted list (with an indent >> of 2 spaces, like you can see in the Org manual), I get the following >> error when I press , M-, etc.: >> >> Tab width in Org files must be 8, not 4 >> >> This happens within any heading in which the bulleted list exists. If I >> create a new heading, I can type text and paragraphs there with no >> issue. >> >> I just noticed this today, though I don't often use plain lists, so not >> sure if it has been happening for longer. > > This is because you have non-standard tab-width setting. > See https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/tree/etc/ORG-NEWS#n36 > > -- > Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, > Org mode contributor, > Learn more about Org mode at . > Support Org development at , > or support my work at