* Export Options for subtree question
@ 2010-01-29 17:52 JBash
From: JBash @ 2010-01-29 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode Mode

I am not able to get the export options for single sub-tree exporting to
work as I expected it would.  In the attached file, exporting any of the
subtrees yields the same author, date, export file name, and structure
(absence of toc).   I had expected the #+EXPORT_DATE line (in 'Week 5'
heading) and/or the EXPORT_DATE Property (Week 6 heading) to be used for the
resultant exported file. Similarly with the other EXPORT_ options defined
(author, title, filename) in the subtree.

Are the methods used in Week 5 "#+   " and Week 6 (properties) equivalent
for this purpose?  I tried the Week 5 method first, and when I didn't get
what I expected, I tried using Properties, but that didn't work either.

I am exporting to latex -> pdf, using either 'C-c C-e 1 d' (after placing
point on the subtree heading), with transient-mark-mode enabled, in emacs
23.

Are there other things that I may have configured improperly, or is my
understanding of the behavior incorrect.

Thanks,
Jerry

[-- Attachment #2: export_options_test.org --]

* Notes - Week 4
#+TITLE:       Weekly Schedule for January 24-30, 2010
#+AUTHOR:      Jerry Bash
#+DATE:        January 24, 2010

** Heading 1
 - Topic 1a
 - Topic 1b
** Heading 2
 - Topic 2a
 - Topic 2b

* Notes - Week 5
:PROPERTIES
#+EXPORT_TITLE:       Weekly Schedule - Week 5
#+EXPORT_AUTHOR:      Author 2
#+EXPORT_DATE:        January 29, 2010
#+EXPORT_FILE_NAME:   week5
#END
** Week 5 Heading 1
 - Topic 1a
 - Topic 1b
** Week 5 Heading 2
 - Topic 2a
 - Topic 2b

* Notes - Week 6
  :PROPERTIES:
  EXPORT_TITLE:       Weekly Notes - Week 6
  EXPORT_AUTHOR:      Author 3
  EXPORT_DATE:        February 6, 2010
  :END:
** Week 6 Heading 1
 - Topic 1a
 - Topic 1b
** Week 6 Heading 2
 - Topic 2a
 - Topic 2b

* Re: Export Options for subtree question
@ 2010-02-01  9:43 ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2010-02-01  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: JBash; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

JBash <bashveank@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,I am not able to get the export options for single sub-tree
> exporting to work as I expected it would.  In the attached file,
> exporting any of the subtrees yields the same author, date, export
> file name, and structure (absence of toc).
> I had expected the
> #+EXPORT_DATE line (in &#39;Week 5&#39; heading)

* Notes - Week 5
:PROPERTIES
#+EXPORT_TITLE:       Weekly Schedule - Week 5
#+EXPORT_AUTHOR:      Author 2
#+EXPORT_DATE:        January 29, 2010
#+EXPORT_FILE_NAME:   week5
#END

This syntax is wrong.

> and/or the EXPORT_DATE Property (Week 6 heading)

* Notes - Week 6
  :PROPERTIES:
  EXPORT_TITLE:       Weekly Notes - Week 6
  EXPORT_AUTHOR:      Author 3
  EXPORT_DATE:        February 6, 2010
  :END:

This syntax is wrong as well!

The properties MUST have the colon (:) *before* and *after*
the word(s).

This is the correct syntax, and, obviously, works ;-)

* Notes - Week 6 CORRECT
  :PROPERTIES:
  :EXPORT_TITLE:       Weekly Notes - Week 6
  :EXPORT_AUTHOR:      Author 3
  :EXPORT_DATE:        February 6, 2010
  :END:
** Week 6 CORRECT Heading 1
 - Topic 1a
 - Topic 1b
** Week 6 CORRECT Heading 2
 - Topic 2a
 - Topic 2b

cheers,
Giovanni

* Re: Export Options for subtree question
@ 2010-02-01 15:00   ` JBash
From: JBash @ 2010-02-01 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giovanni Ridolfi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode