Thank you, Matt. A followup... I've discovered that after setting the org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done to non-nil, I was still getting DONE items in my agenda view. I then realized that I'd changed the org-todo-keywords recently to: (setq org-todo-keywords '("TODO" "STARTED" "WAITING" "DONE" "CANCELED")) from: (setq org-todo-keywords '("TODO" "STARTED" "WAITING" "DONE")) When I re-ordered the keywords to: (setq org-todo-keywords '("TODO" "STARTED" "WAITING" "CANCELED" "DONE")) I got back to where the DONE items were not being shown in the agenda view as I was expecting. Is there a requirement that "DONE" appears last in the list of keywords? Just curious... it was something I'd not run into previously. Thanks, Jerry On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Matthew Lundin wrote: > > Hi Jerry, > > JBash writes: > > > I have done something to break my desired behavior, which is to exclude > > DONE items from the agenda views. In the process of trying to fix it, > > I've run across what appears to be an inconsistency in the FAQ and the > > customize-variable definitions. Or maybe I'm interpreting it > > incorrectly... (quite likely, since I still can't get back to my > > desired behavior...) It looks like emacs says non-nil skips over DONE > > items, but the FAQ says nil skips over done items. Am I reading this > > wrong? > > That is indeed a mistake in the FAQ. I just fixed it; the update should > be on Worg shortly. Thanks for finding this. You'll want to set > org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done to on (t) to exclude the DONE items. > > > I've also tried changing org-agenda-include-all-todo, but still get > > SCHEDULED, DONE items in the agenda view. What am I missing? > > org-agenda-include-all-todo controls whether a list of all active todos > is added to the daily/weekly agenda view. It does not control whether > DONE items appear in the agenda. > > Thanks again, > Matt >