* The ditaa picture
@ 2010-01-29  8:27 Chao Lu
From: Chao Lu @ 2010-01-29  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

When I'm using the ditaa in a org file called pearl.org, by

--------
#+begin_ditaa communication.png

blabla

#+end_ditaa
--------

It generates a file called
communication_5e2f49c31c46339e8e3af9ef8a2fd2dfa3d1fe74.png, but this picture
is right located at the same file as the org file(pearl.org). Is it possible
to let it go to certain dir like the latex pictures do? And is it possible
to let the generated picture has the prefix of the org file name
automatically, like
org_communication_5e2f49c31c46339e8e3af9ef8a2fd2dfa3d1fe74.png?

Thanks,

Chao

* Re: The ditaa picture
@ 2010-01-31  0:46 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2010-01-31  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chao Lu; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Chao,

I don't believe that it is currently possible to customize the file
names in the ways you have described using the standard begin_ditaa
blocks.  It is possible to have complete control over the file names
using org-babel, in which case the corresponding block would look like

--------
#+begin_src ditaa :file communication.png :exports results

 blabla

#+end_src
--------

then the image will be created on export, and you can also preview the
image by pressing C-c C-o on the block.

To activate org-babel add the following to your Emacs configuration

(require 'org-babel-init)
(require 'org-babel-ditaa)

Best -- Eric

Chao Lu <loochao@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> When I'm using the ditaa in a org file called pearl.org, by
>
> --------
> #+begin_ditaa communication.png
>
> blabla
>
> #+end_ditaa
> --------
>
> It generates a file called communication_5e2f49c31c46339e8e3af9ef8a2fd2dfa3d1fe74.png,
> but this picture is right located at the same file as the org file(pearl.org). Is it
> possible to let it go to certain dir like the latex pictures do? And is it possible to
> let the generated picture has the prefix of the org file name automatically, like
> org_communication_5e2f49c31c46339e8e3af9ef8a2fd2dfa3d1fe74.png?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chao

* Re: The ditaa picture
@ 2010-02-01  6:19   ` Chao Lu
       [not found]     ` <87zl3tm0bi.fsf@gmail.com>
From: Chao Lu @ 2010-02-01  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hey Eric,

Thanks for the tip, it works well here!

Yet another further question, is it possible to assign the directory where
the picture should be exported to? For it is kind of messy if all the
figures goes to the root directory.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Chao

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 7:46 PM, Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Chao,
>
> I don't believe that it is currently possible to customize the file
> names in the ways you have described using the standard begin_ditaa
> blocks.  It is possible to have complete control over the file names
> using org-babel, in which case the corresponding block would look like
>
> --------
> #+begin_src ditaa :file communication.png :exports results
>
>  blabla
>
> #+end_src
> --------
>
> then the image will be created on export, and you can also preview the
> image by pressing C-c C-o on the block.
>
> To activate org-babel add the following to your Emacs configuration
>
> (require 'org-babel-init)
> (require 'org-babel-ditaa)
>
> Best -- Eric
>
> Chao Lu <loochao@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > When I'm using the ditaa in a org file called pearl.org, by
> >
> > --------
> > #+begin_ditaa communication.png
> >
> > blabla
> >
> > #+end_ditaa
> > --------
> >
> > It generates a file called
> communication_5e2f49c31c46339e8e3af9ef8a2fd2dfa3d1fe74.png,
> > but this picture is right located at the same file as the org file(
> pearl.org). Is it
> > possible to let it go to certain dir like the latex pictures do? And is
> it possible to
> > let the generated picture has the prefix of the org file name
> automatically, like
> > org_communication_5e2f49c31c46339e8e3af9ef8a2fd2dfa3d1fe74.png?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Chao

* Re: The ditaa picture
       [not found]             ` <87iqagn31k.fsf@gmail.com>