* FR: customizable fallback function for org-complete
@ 2007-10-02 12:00 Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2007-10-02 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Carsten,

Here's a feature request idea which should be easy to implement.  The
docstring for org-complete ends with:

  At all other locations, this simply calls `ispell-complete-word'.

Personally I would prefer the fallback behaviour to be to call
hippie-expand.  Others might like dabbrev-expand, etc.  Can this be
made customizable?

Thanks,
Adam

* Re: FR: customizable fallback function for org-complete
@ 2007-10-02 23:15 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-10-02 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I like that and will make hippie expand the default, configurable
with the variable `org-fallback-completion-command'.

Thanks.

- Carsten

On Oct 2, 2007, at 14:00, Adam Spiers wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> Here's a feature request idea which should be easy to implement.  The
> docstring for org-complete ends with:
>
>   At all other locations, this simply calls `ispell-complete-word'.
>
> Personally I would prefer the fallback behaviour to be to call
> hippie-expand.  Others might like dabbrev-expand, etc.  Can this be
> made customizable?
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: FR: customizable fallback function for org-complete
@ 2007-10-06 19:49   ` Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2007-10-06 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 01:15:35AM +0200, Carsten Dominik wrote:
> On Oct 2, 2007, at 14:00, Adam Spiers wrote:
> >Here's a feature request idea which should be easy to implement.  The
> >docstring for org-complete ends with:
> >
> >  At all other locations, this simply calls `ispell-complete-word'.
> >
> >Personally I would prefer the fallback behaviour to be to call
> >hippie-expand.  Others might like dabbrev-expand, etc.  Can this be
> >made customizable?
>
> I like that and will make hippie expand the default, configurable
> with the variable `org-fallback-completion-command'.
>
> Thanks.
>
> - Carsten

Awesome, thanks!