* How can I include body of tree as DESCRIPTION: tag using org-export-icalendar
@ 2007-09-18 13:02 Ben Alexander
From: Ben Alexander @ 2007-09-18 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I have read the org-mode info pages, and the FAQ online, and they've
been a great source of help.  I'm happily using org-mode on a Mac OS
X system, and exporting to an iCalendar file and syncing with iCal.
It works pretty well.  I then use iSync to export my calendar to my
mobile phone, so I can take my TODO list out for the day without
burning trees (and ink cartridges).

There are two features that would really be nice.  The high priority
one is some way of including some amount of the body of a TODO
headline into the DESCRIPTION field.  I put supporting information in
the body, e.g. the phone number for an entry like this:

*** TODO call stores for dishes      :@PHONE:
store 1: 0207 543 1234
store 2: 0207 777 8888

That would be really, really nice to export.  Since HTML exporting
contains the body, is there already a way to do this in my org-mode
file?

The second feature request is a way to limit my exporting to a single
tag or two (e.g. @PHONE and @ERRANDS).  I think all I need to do is
learn Lisp and write an org-agenda-skip-function to match a tag.  I'm
just not sure how to apply that just in the case of exporting to my
phone.  I don't really care what shows up in iCal, because if I can
read that, I can read my org-mode file.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Feel free to email me directly, and I will summarize any responses.