Hi Vikas, maybe you could make me a minimal setup so that I can reproduce this? Just a little folder with two files and a minimal .emacs that defines publishing of these files to some other directory. That would be useful. - Carsten On 7.6.2013, at 18:15, Vikas Rawal wrote: > When I publish the project, orgmode attempts to open all pdf files > (which are static content). It seems to me that some sort of indexing > is being attempted though I am not sure. I think it started happening > after I included creation of a sitemap. > > I get messages like this: > > DocView: process pdf/ps->png changed status to killed. > > This slows down publishing considerably. I have just added some large > pdf files, and now it asks me for each such file whether I want to > open it. org-publish gets stuck if I say yes, and aborts publishing if > I say no. > > Is there a way, I could tell orgmode to not try to process these pdf > files. pdf files are being processed through a sub-project that deals > with static content (org-publish-attachment). > > Would be grateful for any advice. > > Best, > > Vikas > > > >