Hi, I am using org-mode version 7.01g and I have just come across some problems with footnotes. (1) I have a paragraph that after applying fill-paragraph (M-Q) contains these lines: ... automated tests that work across a range of very different operating systems and hardware acquire a different level of quality [fn:Turku2008Vinci]. This approach also reflects the current IT infrastructure at our institute [...] The problem here is that [fn:Turku2008Vinci] is supposed to be a named footnote reference, however, Org-mode interprets it as a footnote definition (it starts in column 0 after a newline). The current documentation says: "[...] footnote is defined in a paragraph that is started by a footnote marker in square brackets in column 0, no indentation allowed." So it depends on the definition of "paragraph" - this might be different for different approaches of "Line Wrapping" - whether line breaks use newline characters or "soft" returns. This problem might be solved if a footnote defintion would require one empty line before the definition? (2) If I set org-footnote-section to "References" and have a "References" heading, in HTML export that heading vanishes and I get a "Footnotes:" section instead. How can I have "References" instead of "Footnotes:"? Many thanks in advance. Warm regards, Stefan -- Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys. Head of IT group Max-Planck-Institut für neurologische Forschung Gleuelerstr. 50, 50931 Köln, Germany Tel.: +49-221-4726-213 FAX +49-221-4726-298 Tel.: +49-221-478-5713 Mobile: 0160-93874279 Email: vollmar@nf.mpg.de http://www.nf.mpg.de