From: John Wiegley <jwiegley@gmail.com>
To: Oliver Charles <oliver.g.charles@googlemail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode Org-Mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Personal unit testing within org mode?
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 06:37:38 -0400	[thread overview]

On Oct 23, 2009, at 6:08 AM, Oliver Charles wrote:

> I think tests can be defined as a new keyword sequence: (sequence
> "TEST" "|" "PASSED" "FAILED"). All unit tests are set to repeat daily,
> and have state change logging enabled. So when you move from TEST ->
> PASSED, it logs this and then moves back to TEST. SImple so far right?
>
> Well another important part is being able to review how well I've done
> in the last week, and this is where org-habit comes in. I'm thinking
> of ripping off that little graph it produces, but the problem I have
> is where should I put it? Do you think it will work in the agenda, or
> should I generate some type of custom view? Perhaps something like
> generating time clock reports?

Doesn't org-habit, with repeating tasks, already give you just what
you've described above?  All you need to do is add the todo states to
your #+TODO line at the top of your Org file.  Then they will repeat
as you've described, and reporter progress below.  You'd have to
simulate FAILED condition by just not recording the task as done, and
a PASSED if you do achieve it.  Then the habits graph could be
meaningful for this.

John