* 4.77: org-export-region-as-html produces strange output
@ 2007-06-17 18:32 T. V. Raman
From: T. V. Raman @ 2007-06-17 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

See attached org input and resulting HTML.

Things that look buggy:

The example uses a section header, a bulleted list and a table.

See list of problems below:

0)  The table becomes part of the final bullet.
1)  The table has a strange <col> element inside it.
2)  Given that I invoked org-export-region-as-html with a prefix
arg, it would be a good idea not to generate section numbers --
or at least make the generation of such section numbers
customizable by the user.
Otherwise, cutting and pasting the generated html markup requires
handfixing of the section numbers

* Introduction
  - First bullet.
  - Second bullet.

|------+-------|
| Name | Email |

<h2 id="sec-1">1 Introduction</h2>

<ul>
<li>
First bullet.
</li>
<li>
Second bullet.

<COL align="left"><COL align="left">
<tbody>
</tbody>

</li>
</ul>

--
Best Regards,
--raman

Email:  raman@users.sf.net
WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@gmail.com
Google: tv+raman
IRC:    irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs

* Re: 4.77: org-export-region-as-html produces strange output
@ 2007-06-18  6:55 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-06-18  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: raman; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Raman,

On Jun 17, 2007, at 20:32, T. V. Raman wrote:

> See attached org input and resulting HTML.
>
> Things that look buggy:
>
> The example uses a section header, a bulleted list and a table.
>
> See list of problems below:
>
> 0)  The table becomes part of the final bullet.

I'd say this is on purpose.  Same is true for <pre> stuff,
these are just insertions, their indentation does not change
the structure.

> 1)  The table has a strange <col> element inside it.

What is strange about it?

> 2)  Given that I invoked org-export-region-as-html with a prefix
> arg, it would be a good idea not to generate section numbers --

Good point, I will turn that off.
There is a similar problems with ID of headings, these should
maybe also turned because using cut-and-paste, you might get multiple
id's like sec-1.

Thanks.

- Carsten

* Re: 4.77: org-export-region-as-html produces strange output
@ 2007-06-18 13:10   ` T. V. Raman
From: T. V. Raman @ 2007-06-18 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dominik; +Cc: raman, emacs-orgmode

What is strange about <col>

A)   I dont know what that element means or why it is there.
B)   It's also missing its closing tag.

--

@ 2007-06-18 14:19     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-06-18 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: raman; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jun 18, 2007, at 15:10, T. V. Raman wrote:

> What is strange about <col>
>
> A)   I dont know what that element means or why it is there.

It is a way to specify attributes for an entire column -  I am
using it to set the alignment - even though usually the
table renderers ignore it.

> B)   It's also missing its closing tag.

I thought it did not need one, but indeed, in XHTML it does,
as opposed to HTML.  Will fix that, thanks.

- Carsten