* Bug with M-RET on headline with text below it
@ 2010-09-13 16:11 Anthony Lander
From: Anthony Lander @ 2010-09-13 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode Mode

Hi Nicolas,

On the latest git pull, Org-mode version 7.01trans (release_7.01h.
500.gbbac.dirty), I encountered a problem with M-RET. When on a
headline with text below it, M-RET will insert a new heading after the
current heading, but before the text.

So starting with the following org file, and the cursor at the
vertical bar:

<-------------------------
* Heading 1|
   This is some text under Heading 1
<-------------------------

Pressing M-RET results in the following:

<-------------------------
* Heading 1
* |
   This is some text under Heading 1
<-------------------------

I would have expected

<-------------------------
* Heading 1
   This is some text under Heading 1
* |
<-------------------------

Thanks,

  - Anthony

* Re: Bug with M-RET on headline with text below it
@ 2010-09-13 16:46 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2010-09-13 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony Lander; +Cc: emacs-orgmode Mode

Hello,

> On the latest git pull, Org-mode version 7.01trans (release_7.01h.
> 500.gbbac.dirty), I encountered a problem with M-RET. When on a
> headline with text below it, M-RET will insert a new heading after
> the current heading, but before the text.

This is the expected behavior for M-RET. What you are looking for is
C-RET (`org-insert-heading-respect-content').

Regards,

-- Nicolas

* Re: Bug with M-RET on headline with text below it
@ 2010-09-13 16:47   ` Anthony Lander
From: Anthony Lander @ 2010-09-13 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode Mode

On 10-Sep-13, at 12:46 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

> Hello,

>> On the latest git pull, Org-mode version 7.01trans (release_7.01h.
>> 500.gbbac.dirty), I encountered a problem with M-RET. When on a
>> headline with text below it, M-RET will insert a new heading after
>> the current heading, but before the text.
>
> This is the expected behavior for M-RET. What you are looking for is
> C-RET (`org-insert-heading-respect-content').

Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification, and sorry for the
misunderstanding.

Regards,

   Anthony