Hi Nicolas and the whole world, On 24/06/2020 02:19, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > >>> This could be extracted as an independent function, which would return >>> the header, or nil. We can also imagine a function returning a cons cell >>> (HEADER . BODY), both HEADER and BODY being list of rows (possibly >>> empty). >> I was thinking of this myself too.  but, after all, the goal of this >> function is not only to find the header, but to collapse it into >> a single line. > I suggested this because you were saying earlier in this thread IIRC > that Org has no tooling to handle table headers. I would like to discuss this in a chat, who's available to join #org-mode on freenode? >> if it was splitting the header from the body, then yes, it would >> definitely make sense, the cons cell you suggest. > It _is_ splitting the header from the body. Barring initial `hline' > symbols, header-lines and trailer variables are exactly HEADER and BODY > above. same as above, I wish to hear opinions, collect them, and that we take a decision with shorter communication lines. > >> + (table (org-table-collapse-header (org-table-to-lisp))) >> + (num-cols (length (car table)))) > Note that there is no guarantee that all rows have the same length. > E.g., > > | a | > | b | c | many other points in the code assume rows have the same length. I haven't checked if the assumption is correct, I just used it as I saw the code already does. I think I have processed most other remarks in the new patch. and I have signed and received confirmation of reception of my FSF paperwork :-) ciao, Mario