* Solutions of blogging tools for org-mode
@ 2009-10-20 10:00 Juan Reyero
From: Juan Reyero @ 2009-10-20 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Greetings,

I want to move my blogs from Wordpress to org-mode. I have found
blorg, org-blog and blorgit, but the first two look like they're not
being worked on (but maybe that's because they are finished), and the
third one seems to be much more than what I need, as it gives you a
web-based interface.  What I am looking for in a blogging engine is a
way to mark entries as belonging to the blog, and generation of an RSS
feed that includes them; all other things, including publishing and
HTML export, are already covered by standard org-mode facilities, and
services like disqus for the comments.

Is this functionality available?  Are people using org-mode to publish blogs?

Best,

jm
--
http://juanreyero.com/blog
http://juntoalcamino.com

* Re: Solutions of blogging tools for org-mode
@ 2009-10-20 10:23 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2009-10-20 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan Reyero; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Juan Reyero wrote:

> I am looking for in a blogging engine is a
>way to mark entries as belonging to the blog, and generation of an RSS
>feed that includes them; all other things, including publishing and
>HTML export, are already covered by standard org-mode facilities, and
>services like disqus for the comments.

Please check the recent archives of the list for a longer discussion;
some of us use ikiwiki with a contributed org-mode plugin by Manoj
Srivastava.

* Re: Solutions of blogging tools for org-mode
@ 2009-10-20 11:40   ` Juan Reyero
From: Juan Reyero @ 2009-10-20 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner, emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 12:23 PM, David Bremner <bremner@unb.ca> wrote:
> Juan Reyero wrote:
>
>> I am looking for in a blogging engine is a
>>way to mark entries as belonging to the blog, and generation of an RSS
>>feed that includes them; all other things, including publishing and
>>HTML export, are already covered by standard org-mode facilities, and
>>services like disqus for the comments.
>
> Please check the recent archives of the list for a longer discussion;
> some of us use ikiwiki with a contributed org-mode plugin by Manoj
> Srivastava.

Ikiwiki and Manoj Srivastava's plugin do look great, but it's a pity
not to take advantage of org-mode's facilities for exporting and
publishing... which I've already set up and adapted to the design of
my webs.  My question was more on the lines of whether there's active
development of the org-mode blog modules, and if there's people using
them.  I am considering building a very minimalistic blog engine (tag
the entries you want as part of the blog, and it builds an RSS feed
for them; you figure out everything else within org-mode's publishing
functionality).  But I'd hate to do something that's already there.

jm

* Re: Solutions of blogging tools for org-mode
@ 2009-10-20 12:48     ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2009-10-20 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner, emacs-orgmode, Juan Reyero

--- Mar 20/10/09, Juan Reyero <joanmg@gmail.com> ha scritto:
> I am considering building a very minimalistic
> blog engine (tag
> the entries you want as part of the blog, and it builds an
> RSS feed
> for them; you figure out everything else within org-mode's
> publishing
> functionality).  But I'd hate to do something that's
> already there.

blorg: blorg.el is a piece of code I wrote when I discovered org-mode.
       Some people are using it, but I'm not actively maintaining it
       anymore, since I plan to rewrite it from scratch. [2009-10-20]
however:

"I slightly hacked blorg to allow to use relative links, proper symbols
escaping in links, etc. "
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/12219/focus=12256

cheers,
Giovanni