On Nov 16, 2010, at 1:46 PM, Mario E. Munich wrote: > Dear all, > > I am trying to use the org-article class created by Tomas Dye. As > you might guess, I am having some trouble and thus the email. I am > using emacs 23.1.1 on Ubuntu 10.10 and org-mode verision TAG=7.3. > > I have followed the instructions on worg: > > http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/examples/article-class.php > > up to the point in which I need to tangle the org document. > > If I try to run the tangle command: M-x org-babel-tangle RET, I get > the following error: No org-bable-execute function for python! > > I think that the problem is that I do not have any setup for Babel > in my .emacs, so I went to look for the standard Babel setup in the > org manual and in worg. > > - In the org Manual, I see chapter 14 devoted to Babel, but I do not > see any information on how to set it up in my .emacs (maybe it is > enabled by default since Babel is included in org, but I am not sure). > > - In worg, there is a page for Babel: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/index.php > and a corresponding Introductory Tutorial. In this page, there is a > section called Initial Configuration in which there is a mention of > a "five-step process", but the corresponding list of steps only have > 3 items. > > I would appreciate if somebody could guide me towards a simple Babel > configuration that would help me tangle the org-article.org document. > > Thanks a lot for all the help! > > -Mario Aloha Mario, Yes, it sounds like Babel isn't configured yet. Here is what I use: #+begin_src emacs-lisp :tangle yes (org-babel-do-load-languages 'org-babel-load-languages '((R . t) (C . t) (ditaa . t) (dot . t) (emacs-lisp . t) (gnuplot . nil) (haskell . nil) (latex . t) (ocaml . nil) (org . t) (perl . t) (python . t) (ruby . t) (screen . nil) (sh . t) (sql . nil) (sqlite . t))) #+end_src You can adjust it to your needs by changing t and nil appropriately. hth, Tom