Thank you for checking. I tried to reinstall the package, but it did not help, and it caused another problem where I could not quit emacs. Details… I ran M-x list-packages, found and deleted my org package, quit emacs. Restarted emacs and I saw I had the builtin org (lower version: 9.4.4) and the bug I reported is gone. I tried reinstalling the 9.5.1 org package (after restarting emacs), and it installed, and then I couldn’t quit emacs without killing it. If I ran my usual quit command (save-buffers-kill-terminal) or tried to quit from the macOS menu, I got this message: org-clock-kill-emacs-query: Symbol’s function definition is void: org-clocking-buffer Also the bug I reported is back. Maybe I’ll just stick with the builtin org package 9.4.4. Am I supposed to somehow delete the builtin one when I install 9.5.1? Here is what the buffer looks like when I hit enter on the installed 9.5.1 package: — begin paste — Package org is installed. Status: Installed in ‘org-9.5.1/’, shadowing a built-in package (unsigned). Delete Version: 9.5.1 Summary: Outline-based notes management and organizer Requires: emacs-25.1 Homepage: https://orgmode.org Keywords: outlines hypermedia calendar wp Maintainer: Bastien Guerry Author: Carsten Dominik Other versions: 9.5.1 (gnu), 9.4.4 (builtin). — end paste --- Rob > On Dec 22, 2021, at 9:32 AM, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > > Robert Nikander > writes: > >> (setq org-hide-emphasis-markers t) >> >> …and the following does not render right. In the first line I see the ‘_’ characters around “underline”, and it doesn’t underline the text. >> In the second line, it works correctly. Apparently it needs some intervening text (“foo” in this case). >> >> The first line should work, no? >> >> — begin example org file — >> * Test >> Mix /italic/ _underline_. >> Mix /italic/ foo _underline_. >> — end example org file --- > > I am unable to reproduce it on latest main. > > Note that I remember this error and I believe that fixed it by reverting > the problematic commit. However, it was before 36086a. I suspect that > you have a mixed installation of Org. Try to remove and re-install Org. > > Best, > Ihor