* How do I change font for DONE tasks?
@ 2007-03-30  1:43 Mark Ochocki
From: Mark Ochocki @ 2007-03-30  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I switched from Planner to Org-Mode at the beginning of the year.
Org-Mode fits the way I work so much better. The one thing I miss is
having finished tasks show in a gray font with a line through it.
Unfinished tasks are much easier to see in a long list of tasks that
way. How can I duplicate this in Org-Mode?

Thanks,
Mark

* Re: How do I change font for DONE tasks?
@ 2007-03-30  2:02 ` dave
From: dave @ 2007-03-30  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:43:04 -0500, Mark Ochocki <mjochocki@sio.midco.net> wrote:
> The one thing I miss is having finished tasks show in a gray font with a line
> through it.  Unfinished tasks are much easier to see in a long list of tasks
> that way. How can I duplicate this in Org-Mode?

You can customize most of the org-mode faces. For the DONE lines,

M-x org-customize
then browse your way to Org Font Lock->Org Faces->Org Done

Regards,
dave@skiddlydee.com

* Re: How do I change font for DONE tasks?
@ 2007-03-30  7:38   ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2007-03-30  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

dave@skiddlydee.com writes:

Hi,

>> The one thing I miss is having finished tasks show in a gray font
>> with a line through it.  Unfinished tasks are much easier to see in a
>> long list of tasks that way. How can I duplicate this in Org-Mode?
>
> You can customize most of the org-mode faces. For the DONE lines,
>
> M-x org-customize
> then browse your way to Org Font Lock->Org Faces->Org Done

But it's much easier to position point on the face you want to change
(in your case the "DONE") and hit `M-x customize-face RET RET'.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
       People say that if you play Microsoft CD's backwards, you
        hear satanic things, but that's nothing, because if you

* Re: How do I change font for DONE tasks?
@ 2007-03-30  8:05   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-03-30  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

dave@skiddlydee.com writes:

> M-x org-customize then browse your way to Org Font Lock->Org Faces->Org
> Done

This will just change the font for the "DONE" keyword.  If you want to
strike through the whole headline:

(setq org-fontify-done-headline t)
(custom-set-faces
 '(org-done ((t (:foreground "PaleGreen"
                 :weight normal
                 :strike-through t))))
 '(org-headline-done
            ((((class color) (min-colors 16) (background dark))
               (:foreground "LightSalmon" :strike-through t)))))

[Change the colors to fit your config/taste]

--
Bastien

* Re: Re: How do I change font for DONE tasks?
@ 2007-03-31  8:16     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-03-31  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tassilo Horn; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mar 30, 2007, at 9:38, Tassilo Horn wrote:

> But it's much easier to position point on the face you want to change
> (in your case the "DONE") and hit `M-x customize-face RET RET'.

I did not know this.  Excellent, thank you very much.

- Carsten

* Re: How do I change font for DONE tasks?
@ 2007-03-31 14:56       ` Patrick Drechsler
From: Patrick Drechsler @ 2007-03-31 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> On Mar 30, 2007, at 9:38, Tassilo Horn wrote:
>>
>> But it's much easier to position point on the face you want to change
>> (in your case the "DONE") and hit `M-x customize-face RET RET'.
>
> I did not know this.  Excellent, thank you very much.

Looking at this I was wondering if it is possible to change colors
individually for different TODO states. If, for example, I have this
in my options:

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO STARTED IMPLEMENTED FEEDBACK VERIFY DONE

it would be neat to have different colors for each state (TODO:red,
STARTED:orange, IMPLEMENTED:lightgreen, FEEDBACK:...).

Maybe something for future?

Cheers

Patrick
--
Look Ma, this man can twist his fingers as if they were made of
rubber, isn't that amazing? -- Not really, he's been using Emacs for

* Re: Re: How do I change font for DONE tasks?
@ 2007-04-12  7:27         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-04-12  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Drechsler; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

You can use font-lock-add-keywords to add your own font-locking.

But this might be a useful idea, I'll put it on the list.

Thanks,

- Carsten

On Mar 31, 2007, at 16:56, Patrick Drechsler wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
>
>> On Mar 30, 2007, at 9:38, Tassilo Horn wrote:
>>>
>>> But it's much easier to position point on the face you want to change
>>> (in your case the "DONE") and hit `M-x customize-face RET RET'.
>>
>> I did not know this.  Excellent, thank you very much.
>
> Looking at this I was wondering if it is possible to change colors
> individually for different TODO states. If, for example, I have this
> in my options:
>
> #+SEQ_TODO: TODO STARTED IMPLEMENTED FEEDBACK VERIFY DONE
>
> it would be neat to have different colors for each state (TODO:red,
> STARTED:orange, IMPLEMENTED:lightgreen, FEEDBACK:...).
>
> Maybe something for future?
>
> Cheers
>
> Patrick
> --
> Look Ma, this man can twist his fingers as if they were made of
> rubber, isn't that amazing? -- Not really, he's been using Emacs for
> years...!

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403