* positioning inline image
@ 2009-05-19 22:56 Marvin Doyley
From: Marvin Doyley @ 2009-05-19 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi everyone,

Does anyone knows how to vary the position of inline images. The
default position appear to be is center, but it would be nice to vary
the location especially when exporting as html

Regards,
Marvin

* Re: positioning inline image
@ 2009-05-20  5:00 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-05-20  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marvin Doyley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On May 20, 2009, at 12:56 AM, Marvin Doyley wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Does anyone knows how to vary the position of inline images. The
> default position appear to be is center, but it would be nice to
> vary the location especially when exporting as html

I am not sure.

http://orgmode.org/manual/Images-in-HTML-export.html#Images-in-HTML-export

shows how to add attributes to the img tag, but that may not be enough.

I don't know much about HTML.  Can you describe what kind of HTML code
you'd like to generate to vary the position of an image?

- Carsten

* Re: positioning inline image
@ 2009-05-20 13:33   ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2009-05-20 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Marvin Doyley

> On May 20, 2009, at 12:56 AM, Marvin Doyley wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Does anyone knows how to vary the position of inline images. The
>> default position appear to be is center, but it would be nice to
>> vary the location especially when exporting as html
>
> I am not sure.
>
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Images-in-HTML-export.html#Images-in-HTML-export
>
> shows how to add attributes to the img tag, but that may not be enough.

I've actually been wondering this myself, and the attributes line did
the trick for me.  The position (left, center, right) of the image can
be controlled with the float style directive.

#+ATTR_HTML: style="float:left"
[[file:out.png]]

This actually works for images exported using org-exp-blocks as well,
which was a nice surprise.

Thanks -- Eric

@ 2009-05-20 14:54     ` Marvin Doyley
From: Marvin Doyley @ 2009-05-20 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)