Am 02.12.2021 um 13:10 schrieb Ihor Radchenko: > Denis Maier writes: > >> Just a furter remark: while zero-width-spaces can be used as a >> workaround, they may create problems in some export formats. E.g., they >> will mess up hyphenation in latex. I think if read somewhere that those >> can be removed with hooks or filters, but I think that shouldn't be >> necessary. > Can you create an example of such scenario and post it as a bug? > Probably, we just need to strip all zero-width spaces at the basic ox.el > level. To be clear: That's not an org bug. It's just that latex won't be able such a word. If | is a zero width space, the word "hyphen|ation" is not the same as "hyphenation". 1. hyphenation 2. hyphen|ation Best, Denis