* Tables and org babel
@ 2021-11-08  7:45 Henrik Frisk
From: Henrik Frisk @ 2021-11-08  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

I'm having troubles getting more than one cell from an org table as a
variable in org-babel. Trying this example from the orgmode manual (
https://orgmode.org/manual/Environment-of-a-Code-Block.html):

#+NAME: example-table
| 1 | a |
| 2 | b |
| 3 | c |
| 4 | d |

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :var data=example-table[,0]
  data
#+END_SRC

yields no result and in the *Messages* buffer:

executing Emacs-Lisp code block...
(data '(1 2 3 4))
org-babel-insert-result: Wrong type argument: markerp, nil

This has worked for me in the past so I'm not sure what has changed other
than upgrading to emacs 27.2. Referencing a single cell [0,0] works as
expected.

Org 9.5
Emacs 27.2

Thanks for any help